+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I turned psycho, how do I move on....

I turned psycho, how do I move on....

My ex and I met 2 years ago through a mutual friend. We ended up becoming really good friends who had similar wants and desires out of life as well as a relationship so it was pretty natural when our friendship turned into more. We would talk all the time, spend lots of time together and just have fun. One of the things he said he liked most about our relationship was that it wasn't a lot of "drama." He had a past of dealing with females and cutting things off when drama arised as he felt that there were better things out there that didn't involve that. His motto was "why deal with the drama when there's always something better" and although I understood what he was saying I also felt as if problems and disagreements are inevitable in relationships and that how u deal with these things together is what makes them work and that was where our relationship failed.

I was doing the best I can with what I had to make him happy, as was he, but when a problem did come up he completely withdrew from me, not wanting to talk or spend time together and instead of giving him his space I pressed harder (my mistake). It hurt feeling like I was losing him and it hurt even more that he started talking more and hanging out with a lot of the female friends he had (chicks he either used to talk to or was physically attracted to and that liked him) especially when I wasn't getting that from him as his girlfriend. I continued to press him though not giving him any space which of course made things between us worse. We then went on a break which led to a break up which led to "friends with benefits" and now it's like we're enemies.

I've made every possible mistake in the book (blaming, criticizing, sending a thousand text messages to talk, etc) and he now thinks I'm crazy. I honestly feel as though my actions have stemmed from my insecurities and fears of losing him and they ended up pushing him away. I guess you can say i lost myself in the relationship. Anyway, We haven't talked in a few days which is probably the best for both of us but the last time I tried reaching out to him he ignored me which hurt. He has also moved on to one of the girls he was friends with when we were together.

How do I get over this guilt of feeling like I ruined the relationship and that if I had done things differently it would've worked out? How do I get over him and move on without thinking that he will come back? What hurts is that I'm hurting and it's like he doesn't seem to care he's still living his life happy as ever. He treats everyone better than me like he cares about them. It's almost like what we had didn't exist or count for anything and I just feel like it was all my fault and then I hate that i let my insecurities control me so much to do the things i did and now he and his friends probably consider me as his psycho crazy ex girlfriend :/ my last relationship ended similar to this as well, it seems as though when things are good they're good and the guys are very happy but the moment a problem occurs I get so afraid of losing them and hurt by their withdrawing that I act out in ways which just end up pushing them away. What do I do?

I hear ya.. I'm in the same boat.. I got psychotic too.. if I just would have left things alone, everything would have been fine.. but always.. I HAD TO KNOW!!

You asked how you get over it. You get over it by learning from your mistakes. You learn from it by admitting that you were wrong and doing what you can to be a better person. Do things differently in your next relationship. You will have more relationships. You will love again.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

I've been in a similar situation and it's next to impossible to not want to text him. As long as you can get through it one moment/text at a time, it really does get better. If he comes back, deal with it at that time. Try not to put so much emphasis. If things are meant to be between you two, he'll find his way back and realize it. If not, take a lesson from it, but don't let it hurt you. You're to strong to become jaded over something. Every relationship is a fresh start and just because one guy took it upon himself to make you feel insecure, don't let him keep that over your head in the future. It gets easier!

@Purzzzzz it sucks doesn't it? But we just have to learn the lessons from our situations

@Raze thank you, you're right and I will definitely learn the lessons from this situation so that I can be better prepares for the next relationship

@luckycharm it's very impossible to not want to text him especially since he's been ignoring me like I'm nothing now. It hurts. But it's been a couple of days and things are slowly getting better. I just dont know what to do if he does eventually text me after everything that's happened.but you're right if things are meant to be then they will and he will realize that but in the meantime I still need to work on myself and learn from the lesson that this situation has given me. Thanks for the advice!

Most people get there. Do not worry about it and do your best to move on.

Thanks confusius i will! I deserve someone who thinks I am what's better for them not that there is something else better out there when problems arise!

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyB23 View Post
    Thanks confusius i will! I deserve someone who thinks I am what's better for them not that there is something else better out there when problems arise!
    The thing it's to know that you are worth a lot. No matter what type of person you are you can't let anyone treat you like shit. I experienced it and it's not fun. It also happened to me to treat the person I loved in a way that I wouldn't like anyone treat me. I was young. The most important thing it's that I learned from it. Learn from your mistakes and look for support from friends and family. Just know that it won't be easy, but you will eventually get there if you want to. Love is very tricky for our minds. We always learn about love always remember that. I'm still in a healing process from my previous breakup. Today my mom walked up to me and told me about her financial problems and I was like shit! She has more serious problems and I'm here moaning about my ex. SO look around you and you will find things that will help you move on.

Cheers