+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do guys like girls who play hard to get?

Do guys like girls who play hard to get?

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years (He's 22 and I'm 21). For awhile, I was somewhat neglectful of him. But then I realized I don't want to be like that. So now I am really nice. I always want to cuddle and have sex. Everyday I tell him how much I love him and miss him. However, since I became nice, he doesn't seem to want me as much anymore. So I am wondering do guys like girls who seem unavailable? Do guys like the chase? I hate playing mind games. I like guys who are sweet and show their love. But do you guys think I could make him want me more if I acted less like I loved him?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would say back off alittle bit, tease him more, don't be so generous with the kissing and the hugging and "I love you's". This sudden change in behavior might really catch his attention. Also, (assuming you don't live with him), don't call him too often, and don't jump to call him back. It's easy to lose interest when you begin to take anything for granted. Don't think of it as I called it "backing off" but teasing, guys love the pursuit of a hard to get girl, the chase is easily the most exciting. Think about when you were younger and played tag. Toying with whoever was "it" when they got close, slowing down just enough to get their hopes up before you really kicked in the speed.

I like it when my girl is all over me. It only pisses me off when she shows interest in other guys. I especially hate when guys start hitting on my g/f and they know i'm going out with her. It's ok if they didn't know, cause she will eventually tell them, but when they know we are going out and they start hitting on her, that makes me mad.

I like a little teasing, but I don't agree with the "don't call him back right away comment". I mean if you're just starting to know a guy and are worried about looking over-eager, that's fine. But at this point, it seems like it's somewhat of a relatoinship in which case that's just stupid. It'll look like you're not interested and he'll just get annoyed.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, try this. Do whatever you did to attract him in the first place. If he liked it then, no reason why he wouldn't like it now.

It seems the title of your thread is different from the description of your first post.

To answer the thread question: Personally, no, I don't like playing games. If I like you and you like me, there's no reason I can conceive for playing a cat and mouse chasing game...but yeah, you do have to worry about not tilting the balance. Don't express interest excessively over that of which your significant other is expressing towards you. This kind of covers what you were talking about in the post. Sometimes if one party shows an overbalancing interest in the other, it'll turn the other one in the opposite direction, whether it's fear or I don't know what subconcious factor, you have to remain somewhat balanced until he starts responding to your increased shows of affection.

S what I think.

Freddie

Quote Originally Posted by Tarabell952
    I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years (He's 22 and I'm 21). For awhile, I was somewhat neglectful of him. But then I realized I don't want to be like that. So now I am really nice. I always want to cuddle and have sex. Everyday I tell him how much I love him and miss him. However, since I became nice, he doesn't seem to want me as much anymore. So I am wondering do guys like girls who seem unavailable? Do guys like the chase? I hate playing mind games. I like guys who are sweet and show their love. But do you guys think I could make him want me more if I acted less like I loved him?
    He's probably glad that you're paying more attention to him and now he doesnt have to beg for it.

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Don't express interest excessively over that of which your significant other is expressing towards you.

Freddie
    Freddie, do you have any idea whatsoever about what you just said, wrote that is? Do you realize that if women were to show just as much affection as men do nobody would ever get laid? Men show zero affection, and everyone knows it, it's like theory of gravity.

Women always show more affection and it's only natural since we're so wonderful. Even if a guy says that a girl is too much over him he's secretely hoping she'll keep on doing it, since what the hell who doesn't like attention. Men are essentially babies and demand lots of undivided attention which women love to spurge on their men.

Maybe he seems to act colder because the more you spoil him, the more he gets used to it... and the more important he feels so gets a silly idea that he can act like a little spoiled girl and get away with it. Honestly. These silly creatures.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbabe
    Men show zero affection, and everyone knows it, it's like theory of gravity.

Women always show more affection and it's only natural since we're so wonderful. Even if a guy says that a girl is too much over him he's secretely hoping she'll keep on doing it, since what the hell who doesn't like attention. Men are essentially babies and demand lots of undivided attention which women love to spurge on their men.
    Jules, sometimes I think you're two people. Traditional opinions on certain subject matters and alternative on others.

I think that just as women are becoming more liberated with breaking away from their traditional gender roles, men are also breaking away from the tough-insensitive macho roles.

My theory was based on my own experience. I think I freaked out a girl by showing too much interest too early. Perhaps if I had waited for her feelings to catch up to mine before showing more things would have been different. But it's not a man/woman thing. Think of someone you meet that seems too clingy early on. It kinda turns you off toward that person. It makes sense to be balanced. Amber once said it..you want someone who is neither ice cold nor too mooshy..but rather a balance and your affections can grow together accordingly.

I think it makes sense.

Freds