+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just can't figure out why....

Just can't figure out why....

Ok, to put a long story short, I have really fallen for a girl that I go to school with, and I've known her for quite a while now, and I just told her a couple months ago I have feelings for her, and she rejected me, saying that I'm more like a brother to her then a boyfriend. The feelings went aways ,and I thought I was fine, but the feelings for her have come back. I'm afraid to talk to her about it, because I'm worried if I bring it up that I'm going to lose her, and then I'll feel even worse. It already really hurts me after her and I hang out to leave, because even though her and I aren't together, she makes me feel really happy, and she really means a lot to me. I just have this feeling if I move on, I'm going to seriously regret it sometime down the road.
    If you need more information, ask, but I'm just looking for advice on how to get over these feelings for her.

You're in the friend zone, permanently. Period. End of story. If you're not cool with that, bail, but pining over her is only going to hurt you.

I don't know why I can't get rid of the feelings for her though... Thats all I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalkerii View Post
    I don't know why I can't get rid of the feelings for her though... Thats all I'm looking for.
    Because you allow yourself to. You keep her in your life and give yourself the illusion that maybe something will change. You need to tell her you're not comfortable being friends and move on.

idk, the part where you said she sees you more as a borther than a boyfriend might be a polite way of saying, "sorry but im not interested in you like that". the best thing to do is to just be honest with her. tell her how you feel but also tell her that you dont want this to ruin your friendship because you still want to be good friends. that way she'll understand