+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey: Would you date a MTF transsexual?

Survey: Would you date a MTF transsexual?

Oh, I hope you don't mind me posting this here. It's a survey I made to help me and my friends gain insight on our relationship chances and compatibilities. I also did not create this in the poll format because there are too many possible answers. I'd love to hear your written opinions anyways. So yeah...

MTF (Male-to-Female) transsexuals are people who were born biologically male but have or will become female by undergoing procedures such as gender reassignment surgery, breast augmentation, laser hair removal, and hormone replacement therapy.

Would you ever consider dating one of these individuals?

Please include your gender and sexual orientation, as well as yes/no.

For Example: "Male - Straight - Yes"

Thank you everyone.

Male - Straight - No

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Male - straight - No
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Female - straight-ish - yes.

No. Talk about baggage!

Straight male

Male, straight, yes.

That kind of stuff shouldn't matter. People are so simple-minded and monotonous, seeing everything in black and white, when there are a thousand shades of gray between. Sexual orientation is a deceptive concept; you either like men or women, or both. It's all about X and Y; it's all predefined and few dare question those values. Transsexual reassignment surgery scares people because it adds a little color to their vision, leaving them with a question - what is a man and what is a woman? When you pick it apart, you don't find much of a difference at all. We are walking piles of ash and dust. So why can't people just accept that? "No, I wouldn't date one of those weirdos." - there it is in the raw. "No, I won't accept this, because it's not normal. It's different. It scares me. I fear change." I think that's pathetic. It upsets me that most people can't put together a few relative differences for the sake of love. That will always be the problem with this planet. Differences tear us apart. Discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Male, straight, yes.

That kind of stuff shouldn't matter. People are so simple-minded and monotonous, seeing everything in black and white, when there are a thousand shades of gray between. Sexual orientation is a deceptive concept; you either like men or women, or both. It's all about X and Y; it's all predefined and few dare question those values. Transsexual reassignment surgery scares people because it adds a little color to their vision, leaving them with a question - what is a man and what is a woman? When you pick it apart, you don't find much of a difference at all. We are walking piles of ash and dust. So why can't people just accept that? "No, I wouldn't date one of those weirdos." - there it is in the raw. "No, I won't accept this, because it's not normal. It's different. It scares me. I fear change." I think that's pathetic. It upsets me that most people can't put together a few relative differences for the sake of love. That will always be the problem with this planet. Differences tear us apart. Discrimination.
    All I see here is "I love men".

female - straight - no

someone who is going through that drastic of a transformation, physically and mentally, would = too much baggage for me. i have enough of my own problems...my goal is to find someone who is way more balanced. yes, societal pressures has a lot to do with people's decisions but we're humans.

you said yourself that it's all about X and Y. well, this "female" is biologically a male. always will be. he can change his genitalia, take estrogen to build up some feminine characteristics...but he will always be a male and will always have certain male characteristics (unless he becomes a complete work of plastic surgery). so if you agree that biology has a lot to do with one's sexual orientation and who they are physically attracted to, why is it a problem in your eyes when a straight guy says he wouldn't be interested?

don't get me wrong...i think it's awesome that you would be ok with that. and i think it would be amazing if more people were like that. but i wouldn't go so far as to chastise people who wouldn't be comfortable with it. i'm all about not judging people and i stick to that ideology under all circumstances...i don't pick and choose.
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 29-05-11 at 03:20 PM.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Date many transsexuals? These procedures arent just a quick shot in the arm - There's years of therapy and medical care needed. Lovely people Im sure but I dont need that in my life.
    Last edited by surfhb; 29-05-11 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    All I see here is "I love men".
    If your girlfriend told you one day that she is a tranny, what would you do? Would you really care? I wouldn't, and I don't understand why anyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by RdHrshyKss View Post
    female - straight - no

someone who is going through that drastic of a transformation, physically and mentally, would = too much baggage for me. i have enough of my own problems...my goal is to find someone who is way more balanced. yes, societal pressures has a lot to do with people's decisions but we're humans.

you said yourself that it's all about X and Y. well, this "female" is biologically a male. always will be. he can change his genitalia, take estrogen to build up some feminine characteristics...but he will always be a male and will always have certain male characteristics (unless he becomes a complete work of plastic surgery). so if you agree that biology has a lot to do with one's sexual orientation and who they are physically attracted to, why is it a problem in your eyes when a straight guy says he wouldn't be interested?

don't get me wrong...i think it's awesome that you would be ok with that. and i think it would be amazing if more people were like that. but i wouldn't go so far as to chastise people who wouldn't be comfortable with it. i'm all about not judging people and i stick to that ideology under all circumstances...i don't pick and choose.
    How come it's assumed that transsexuals have baggage? Figuratively, the baggage is gone post op (pardon pun). Suppose that person didn't have baggage. Would you give them a chance?

Male, straight, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Date many transsexuals?
    Not that I know of :-o

If your girlfriend told you one day that she is a tranny, what would you do? Would you really care? I wouldn't, and I don't understand why anyone would.
    That to me would have involved a complete breach of trust. It would become more of a trust issue than anything else. The fact that the person didn't feel comfortable telling their partner about their sexual transformation = baggage to me. They obviously weren't comfortable enough with themselves that they had to withhold that information and lead their partner to believing something that wasn't the case.

How come it's assumed that transsexuals have baggage? Figuratively, the baggage is gone post op (pardon pun). Suppose that person didn't have baggage. Would you give them a chance?
    To me, someone who had issues accepting their biology and the way they were born is going to have baggage. And although biology has a lot to do with it, it involves a lot of sociological aspects as well. Most likely involving a bad experience in their past and feeling the need to have to transform their body in order to belong...to me, it's a big illusion.
    Last edited by RdHrshyKss; 29-05-11 at 04:09 PM.
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Male (30) stright and yes

On a side note, for work i was in Singapore, and you can find many " trannies" there. There is a bar there that is full of women uhm that use to be men. I was suprised becuase i could not tell the diffrence, and they were Gorgeous, like in any night club in miami, most had a plastic surgery look but some had the natural girl next door, there was one girl who blonde, white skin, very pretty and i mean pretty she looked like the all american girl next door. i did not approach her becuase of at the time i was with friends and we went into the bar as a joke, i didnt try to pick her up then, i was young, but as i look back on it whats better then a girlfriend who is totaly hot and you can not knock up, has the sex drive of a man, and has no period with all the common sense and reason of a man. i think i missed out

That to me would have involved a complete breach of trust. It would become more of a trust issue than anything else. The fact that the person didn't feel comfortable telling their partner about their sexual transformation = baggage to me. they obviously weren't comfortable enough with themselves that they had to withhold that information and lead their partner to believing something that wasn't the case.
    What do you expect them to do? Wear a name tag that says "Hi, I'm a transsexual." Of course it's easier to blame that person, say they have baggage, and scrutinize them, than it is to respect them for who they are and try to understand the condemnation they've faced as a price for happiness. My point is - why would it even matter if they're a transsexual if you couldn't even tell?

to me, someone who had issues accepting their biology and the way they were born is going to have baggage. and although biology has a lot to do with it, it involves a lot of sociological aspects as well. most likely involving a bad experience in their past and feeling the need to have to transform their body in order to belong...to me, it's a big illusion.
    I think a pre op transsexual would have a lot of baggage - someone who currently does not like their body and they must live an unsatisfactory self-image. On the other hand, a post op transsexual shouldn't, because they have undergone a successful transformation that completes the formerly incomplete self-image. I also think you're wrong about transsexuals transforming their body in order to fit in - I think body transformation is a completely intrinsic process; they actually choose this, knowing that it may make their social life more difficult, in order to satisfy their inner conflicts. In conclusion, I actually think it's fake to want to be a woman and continue living as a man, contrary to what you said.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    female - straight - straight NO .

I'm not that crazy enough to date trannys hehe
    I wazzzz here

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I find the thought of having sex with a tranny repulsive
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast