+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Telling my gf I love her?

Telling my gf I love her?

Hey forum,

I've been dating a girl for 4 months, things have been pretty good, its a slow moving relationship, slow in the sense we haven't slept together yet, but we openly kiss, etc. (we've talked about it and agreed that its time to move that direction, but it hasn't happened yet.) We're both mid twenties, and both not our first relationship, nor are we virgins.

A few weeks ago after the initial feelings of the new relationship started to subside, I found that I wasn't bored of spending time with her, I actually wanted to spend more (which is new for me, usually its me fighting for my own time). It became the other way around, I found that I was actually spending quite a bit of my time wishing we were hanging out more. Because of complete opposite work schedules, we see each other only a few times a week, and mostly on the weekends.

I've come to realize that even though I haven't slept with this girl yet, on an emotional level I've fallen for her. Its taken me 3 weeks to sort these emotions out, but I'm pretty sure what I'm feeling. The problem is that she is quite guarded with her own emotions, I have no idea how she feels, she also doesn't openly show affection.

I'ev only ever said it to one other person before. But with her emotions the way they are, I have no guarantee of the return whatsoever. This weekend I'm taking her our for a swanky dinner on the beach, and I was thinking of saying it there. Any advice from anyone?

If you're sure you love her why not tell her? Go ahead, bro. If nothing else she'll appreciate it. Don't wait forever to express your feelings for her.

I think that after four months, you have probably developed some sort of significant emotional attachment to her. Just tell her when you feel the time is right. Don't worry about how she will respond.

I am definitely nervous about the whole thing. I don't know how she'll respond, but I guess thats where the risk in life comes in.

If I don't feel confident enough to say it, then I guess the time isn't right.

I usually propose to a girl on the first date, so when I finally tell her "I love you" then she'll think I'm slowing things down.

My boyfriend was sat next to me and he said I need tell you something. He sent me a text and watched me while I read it. He wrote a long text saying he fell in love with me.

I found it pathetic he couldn't say it to my face but had to send a text and two I didn't love him back at the time so it was really awkward.

I hope you don't have the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    My boyfriend was sat next to me and he said I need tell you something. He sent me a text and watched me while I read it. He wrote a long text saying he fell in love with me.

I found it pathetic he couldn't say it to my face but had to send a text and two I didn't love him back at the time so it was really awkward.

hahaha so when did you finally fall in love with him and why?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post

i find it cute and creative
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why the need to tell someone you love them? it really would be putting them in the most awkward situation if they don't feel the same way and can't say it back to you, or being forced to say it back without meaning it. use other words.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    i find it cute and creative
    That's exactly what I was thinking, she took it completely the wrong way. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    why the need to tell someone you love them? it really would be putting them in the most awkward situation if they don't feel the same way and can't say it back to you, or being forced to say it back without meaning it. use other words.
    I know, I understand this thought as well. I am more than open to using other words, what would you suggest?

My boyfriend told me he was 'falling in love with me' after about 2 months... I definitely didn't think that I loved him yet, but I was falling for him, and told him I was falling in love with him also. It's almost easier to say than 'I love you' if you're not quite ready for it.