+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth

Wisdom teeth

I just had my top wisdom tooth pulled out today, and it didn't hurt too much and it's been more than six hours since then and the pain still hasn't kicked in... I thought it would really hurt afterwards, but it didn't for some reason.

Anyone had their wisdom teeth pulled out?

Just wondering how long it takes to heal, and how to avoid "dry sockets". Also bad breath, potentially... I would very much like to avoid that. Any suggestions?
    I have it all. Including kino.

I had mine pulled out about a year ago. It didn't hurt me either. It all depends on the person I guess.

As for the "dry sockets" and whatnot, I have no idea. Try google.

Alexi

EDIT: AS for healing time, It took about four or five days (I wanted to make sure)

No idea, I don't have any wisdom teeth. I also don't have any adult incisors, wierd huh?

Sorry I can't help

The day I had my top 2 wisdom teeth pulled, I ate a gigantic burguer at this place in Chihuahua. The burguer usually serves up to 3 individuals and still they have some left over to go. I used to eat a lot...but since then I've cut down.

On a more relevant note, I did have a little bit of pain, but I took no pain relievers either. Are you taking something? It wasn't too bad, though, and it didn't take long for me to heal, but I can't remember how long exactly. Just avoid irritating the cavity while it's trying to heal up.

Freddie

Thanks for the feedback. A gigantic burger, huh. All I've managed was a puny little slice of cake... okay it was big, sweet, delicious, very fattening, and tomorrow I'm going to wake up 20 pounds heavier.

Feels good to be relieved of that blood-sucker, though. It used to chew on my cheek and even hurt when I smiled!

Pulling it out felt like sweet revenge and even the slightest hint of pain is a self-satisfying manifestation of that revenge.
    Last edited by Killerbabe; 06-01-05 at 05:46 AM.

Yeah, it was technically a "Jumbo hamburguesa", Hawaiian..well, it was ham and pineapple, Raver,..that's what we call Hawaiian in the mainland..

I'll have to take a picture with one next time I go to Chihuas cuz it was impressive..quite a feat in hindsight..can't eat like that anymore...then I'll put it up on the gallery.

Freds

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just ****in' got 3 pulled yesterday (Tuesday) they knocked me out for it. I'm tryin' to eat some chili but it's such a ****in' chore man, cause it's not like I can chew on one side of my mouth, no matter where I put the food I'll either feel pain, or risk infection. I'm gonna go nuts. My substitute for food so far has been nothin' but vanilla milkshakes. I can barely open my jaw, even after the Vicodin (which is a damn good pain killer). This sucks man, it ****in' sucks.
    Last edited by Junket; 06-01-05 at 11:06 AM.

Err Frasbee... may I suggest that you'll sooner go nuts from that Vicodin than the actual pain. Vicodin is some serious stuff that destroys your liver. But like your quote says...there's always suicide

@ nomas... another "bowflex success" story? Haha. Everytime I hear about some guy who "ate lots of burgers and lost a lot of weight" I think about that annoying commercial. You seem really nostalgic about the times though... Oh I remember when I was sixteen and looked like a tall, stretched-out ironing-board I could eat pounds of chocolate. Pounds of it, I tell you. *sigh* Not that I've gotten fat, I'm still skinny, I'm just rounder. And paranoid.

Anyway... ham and pineapple. Must be gross, I've had it on pizza and though it was quite bizarre apart from tasting like a rotten dessert.

Anyway... ham and pineapple. Must be gross, I've had it on pizza and though it was quite bizarre apart from tasting like a rotten dessert.
    I LOVE it on pizza.

For me, I'm not very picky at all with 'main courses' of food. However I'm picky as hell with 'desserts'

Alexi

i'm with Rod..... I love it on pizza too!!!

Anyways i'm almost 22 and i still have no signs of my wisdom teeth coming in!! I'm so scared to get them pulled!

I like Hawaiian Pizza too, is why I tried the burguer version. I also like pineapple with my ham..as in the thanksgiving feast, and I like the cranberry with the turkey.. I guess I like the sweet stuff with the regular food. I like the sweet and sour Chinese stuff, or the orange chicken...mmm...

Speaking of Hawaiian and Chinese food...did you notice Raverboy was gone for a record 24 hours? I usually see his footprints all over every thread and I'm surprised I went like a day without a post from him..hmm, I'm not worried just yet. One day is nothing, but I still hope he's okay.

Actually, Juliet, I was never fat. In fact, the reason I took up eating a lot was that I was too small. I just wouldn't grow up throughout high school so I thought I'd help myself out, or at least make up size with weight, so I started kinda force-feeding myself. All that did was condition me to be able to eat a lot...kinda like competitive eaters, I guess..but it did nothing for my size. So when I grew up a little bit and decided the best way to go was to eat moderately, I cut back. I still eat probably more than the average person my size, but nothing like the impressive amounts I used to eat..especially for such a little guy.

Freds

My bf just had 3 wisdome teeth out on Monday. 2 were pulled and one was surgically removed. Half his face is puffed up like a grapefruit Poor guy!

I haven't gotten mine in yet! I'm not looking forward to getting them either.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

my friend katie had hers taken out recently and her face got so puffy!!! I know it's mean but it makes me laugh to just think about it!

i had my wisdom teeth taken out when i was around 20. i was in pain. my face swelled up and i was in my grandma's bed for 2 weeks. she fed me smoothies the entire time. i woke up, took a percocet, went to sleep, woke up in terrible pain, took a percocet, went to sleep, woke up in terrible pain, ate a smoothie with my percocet, went to sleep. that was my mo for TWO DAMN WEEKS!!!.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know what the deal is with people's face's swelling up. You wouldn't know it from looking at my face but my mouth is definitely swollen, I have a crap load of pain in my jaw, my mouth is still bleeding and it's still difficult to swallow.

EDIT: To killerbabe, thanks for your concern though I just looked up Vicodin on webMD, says it would cause severe liver damage if taken with alcohol, and it's possible to become physically or mentally dependent on it (I'll take that as a challenge). I don't drink alcohol, so whatever damage it may be doing to my liver is minimal and worth the pain it relieves.
    Last edited by Junket; 07-01-05 at 03:48 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast