+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does God exist?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wonder if God believes in himself...I have trouble believing that God is all that is right and good. Cause what is "right and just" is really a matter of opinion. I mean, come on God, what's better? Apples? or Oranges?

Indeed my sweet one! [Innova]

Here's something to consider:

Formerly a devout catholic, after having received other view points and reading and thinking about logical explanations and reasons for people to have their faiths I finally admitted that my faith wasn't really that solid in organized religion in general. But there's still a fear in me that doesn't let me claim that I don't altogether believe there is no "higher power" that in some form is our creator.

I keep trying to discern clues and the latest came this weekend.

I know that we hispanics are a supersticious culture and is met with a certain degree of skepticism by others. I have become one such skeptic. However, being part of the culture you can't help but keep hearing about things that happen to people and this eventually takes it's toll and you begin to wonder. There's no reason why someone should lie about paranormal experience, especially when their aim isn't at getting attention.

So I'm giving a ride to this friend of mine after a party and currently she's in the process of moving, but in the mean time was staying at at apt with some friends since the place was empty while they were away for the weekend..whatever..

So I figured I'd take her there, but she said she wasn't staying there...she was staying with her sister. Why I says.."well", she says "cuz there's a ghost at the other apt". Now I know this girl and I'm sure this wasn't some little stunt for attention. She told me exactly the things this ghost was doing..actually causing physical pain and, like I said, there's no reason why she should cause herself the inconvenience of staying in a less comfortable place when, again, she's not out to get attention. If I hadn't asked she wouldn't have mentioned anything about any ghost.

Anyway, the point being: While you can still be skeptical about these things, my new question is: Do you believe there are always explanations to such paranormal activity? I think it becomes harder to deny the existence of such things when people concurr on similar situations.

Now, if you believe in the existence of such evil forces at work too...as most cultures have beliefs of things that go bump in the night..doesn't that also mean there are good forces to balance that as well?

Maybe it's not a matter of "God", but of "eternal spirit" things I'm talking about. But where does this spirit live? On Earth somewhere? And when Earth is no more?? Not quite eternal, then, is it, Fred?

Fred

>>>>Anyway, the point being: While you can still be skeptical about these things, my new question is: Do you believe there are always explanations to such paranormal activity? I think it becomes harder to deny the existence of such things when people concurr on similar situations.

I agree.

>>>>Now, if you believe in the existence of such evil forces at work too...as most cultures have beliefs of things that go bump in the night..doesn't that also mean there are good forces to balance that as well?

I sure as hell hope so!

You know people think mobile telephone transmiters are bad to have in the neighbourhood because they might give you canser or something, and the locals get headaches and stuff, and blame it on the transmiter.

Well they did an experement with a few people in a house, with a mobile telephone transmiter placed right next to it. They where told that in the first week of them staying there, they would turn the transmiter on, and the 2nd week it would be off. But they actualy had it off for the 1st week, and on for the 2nd week- the opposite of what they where told.

In week 1, most people complained of headaches, and one person went home due to illness. They blamed it on the pole, thinking it was on. When it actualy wasn't.
    In the 2nd week everyone was well again, even though the transmiter was now turned on.

People made themselfs suffer the symptoms of something that wasn't even on, just because they thought it would have that effect on them.
    I imagine it's the same if someone was told there was a ghost and they believed it, even though there actualy wasn't.

But when there is no communication between two people and they eventually both declare their experience and it's similar?

I think there is some level of your imagination playing tricks on you, but I also believe that some are legit. Again, I question the purpose: Is this person just saying this for attention? Otherwise, why lie? To what end? If there is none, maybe they're telling the truth.

There's a lot of factors, but it all falls into the unexplained phenomena and that causes me to believe there's some other forces out there that are not entirely physical.

Freddie

Astral Projection is the closest explained phenomena as far as spirtual goes. There is even some science to back up Astral Projection. It is also something that is practiced heavily in the east.

I believe in the spirit, but not in religion. Well at least mass religion. Mass religion in my opinion seems so...zealous.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

But I think there is still something that connects with people in a certain level. The reason people in a certain culture may see the same types of things that they have common names for meanings of certain apparitions or consistency in the such is because they grew up knowing about that stuff. For example, I have a friend who hears dirt being thrown on the roof over his bedroom and this means someone he knows will pass away, and according to him, has happened (although this guy I don't believe as much)..but the point is, there are common myths to a people and in this way whatever real spiritual interactions with our world take place will be manifested.

Same way with religions, I think. The people who are of Christian faith will pray to Jesus Christ (God, or part of God, to them), and the Muslims to Allah, and the Jehova's Witnesses to Jehova, etc... but if they are set in their faith, it is simply their relationship with God, or with this higher power, the way "Spirituality" without religion is to someone who believes this.

Freddie

I'm not saying belief is a problem, its not. Just many mass religons seem a bit overzealous...and thats not belief in something. Thats being hypnotized, and its my way or the highway kinda thing.

I just firmly believe in the spirit and all that is around with it. I was experiencing the first stages of Astral Projection since I was a kid, and uptil a year ago I never knew what it was. And now I'm learning about it, and able to go further then I have ever been.

I just don't believe in God or that he exists. Simple as that.

0o0o0o so you don't believe in me anymore huh

j/k

I do! I was about to type in.. "I do believe in MY God though.. LoL"!

haha. Ok im gonna go try to get MSN, hopefully this works lol.

Which computer are you on now?!

Not mine, I'm not gonna have it for a little while yet. But im gonna try it with this one lol!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast