+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could he change?

Could he change?

So my friend is "seeing" this guy who is 27 years old. She's 33. Still lives at home. He's been to college, but quit three times. He has a job, but it is just to get by. He's stated he hates getting up early and hates working late (he works the 3-12 shift). He says he is lazy and lacks ambition. He's never had a serious relationship and any relationship he has had has only lasted a few months.

So my question is, she lives about 2 hours away from him and she is convinced he is going to continue to make the trek for her and he is going to change and date her. Right now he comes over after work (2:00 a.m.) and might stay the weekend, but there is no real whining and dining going on. In addition, he still texts other girls. He feels he should be able to talk to them, yet he doesn't tell the other girls he's dating someone. He says he's "seeing" someone, but still wants the other girls to talk to.

Should she get her hopes up that he is going to change for her at his age?

he prob is seeing her and not dating, seeing comes before dating. 2 hours away....eh id never do it but more power to her.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmess View Post
    So my friend is "seeing" this guy who is 27 years old. She's 33. Still lives at home. He's been to college, but quit three times. He has a job, but it is just to get by. He's stated he hates getting up early and hates working late (he works the 3-12 shift). He says he is lazy and lacks ambition. He's never had a serious relationship and any relationship he has had has only lasted a few months.

So my question is, she lives about 2 hours away from him and she is convinced he is going to continue to make the trek for her and he is going to change and date her. Right now he comes over after work (2:00 a.m.) and might stay the weekend, but there is no real whining and dining going on. In addition, he still texts other girls. He feels he should be able to talk to them, yet he doesn't tell the other girls he's dating someone. He says he's "seeing" someone, but still wants the other girls to talk to.

Should she get her hopes up that he is going to change for her at his age?
    He's not going to change, but be careful meddling around too much. You're going to make her defensive, and possibly ruin your friendship trying to get this guy away. Might as well let it run its course.