+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I left my wife for that?

I left my wife for that?

Ok, try this one on for a midlife crisis....
    At the age of 39 (4 years ago), I registered on Facebook and immediately found a girl I had known in highschool. I had always wondered what had happened to her, now I found out that we were living 10 kms away for the past 17 years!
    Long story short, after wearing her down for 3 years, she finally came around. We were intimate, after which I immediately left my wife of 22 years.
    I moved in with the new girl, she had just kicked her 'boyfriend' of 10 years out for the 5th and final time. Her history with him included much alchohol abuse, drug abuse and wife abuse, all on his part.
    Within a month of moving in, I had bought her a used car for over $10,000, and paid off every bill she had (oil bill $700, car repair $650, water bill, etc. etc. ) Then a couple of weeks later I drove 3 hours to an impound lot where her pick up truck (a 2000 pile of junk) had been held for 3 months because her ex got caught driving it with a suspended (DWI) license. I paid the $5000 to get it out, otherwise the government would not allow her to get the sticker for her plates.
    A month later, I bought her kids laptops and a new desktop computer for the house.
    While this was going on, I gave my wife my pensions ($40,000), full ownership of the house, and continued to pay the mortgage and car insurance. In addition, I still go over and mow the lawn and keep the house repairs up.

It's been 10 months and I am now $37,000 in debt. Prior to this, all I owed was my mortgage. She works part time, and her hours fluctuate.
    She has two teenage daughters. They both treat me with visible contempt. They walk all over their mother, and there is NO discipline. They are served like little queens.

I've had enough. I tried leaving once before, but she stalked my wifes house and got a little physical when I started to pack.

How big of an idiot am I?
    Know a bigger one?

tremolo Guest
    Nope, I think you take the cake.

That's what i was afraid of...
    Did I mention that her 16yo daughter has a 21 yo boyfriend on welfare living with us? They sit upstairs and smoke pot, while I go out to the curb to smoke a cigarette (which I don't mind.... but seriously?)

tremolo Guest
    I'm sorry to be harsh, because it's obvious you're now realizing what a bad decision you made - but really... what did you expect to happen? Did you really expect the grass to be greener? Your poor ex-wife. Everything you put her through so you could indulge your high school fantasy 20 years after the fact. Sigh. Stories like this make me want to swear off men forever.

I couldn't agree with you more! Worse than that, my soon to be ex wife would take me back right now if I left!

tremolo Guest
    I assume you mean your first wife? She would or she wouldn't take you back?

I have no pitty for you. If I was your first wife I would think you got everythin you deserved. God I love Karma. lol

I call troll.. no real human could be that stuuuuupid.

*Which begs the question is "Tremolo" a bot who thanks everyone for every post they make?
    Last edited by Wakeup; 01-06-11 at 11:36 AM. Reason: to add *
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Why don't you just go back to your ex wife if she allows the reconciliation? I think you learned your lesson.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post

*Which begs the question is "Tremolo" a bot who thanks everyone for every post they make?
    Hehe. I think I've gotten a little too accustomed to the facebook 'like' function!

Serves you right dickhead! I think you're possibly the dumbest person on the planet.... Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giljake View Post

It's been 10 months and I am now $37,000 in debt.

As I was reading your story and you were spending all this money on her, I was thinking wow you are being stupid here but I thought you must be pretty loaded. Then I read that part about the debt and realize the true extent of your idiocy. If your first wife would have you back, run to her now.

How big of an idiot am I?
    Know a bigger one?
    You chased your dream and it turned out bad. If you hadn't and were still married you would probably be kicking yourself just as much for not going for it when you had the chance. At least you didn't fall for one of those nigerian scams.

As everyone else has stated, I would start trying to get out of that situation ASAP. Maybe not back to your wife though, she deserves someone who's dreaming about her. Not a high school girlfriend.
    Last edited by leoben; 01-06-11 at 02:09 PM.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leoben View Post
    Maybe not back to your wife though, she deserves someone who's dreaming about her. Not a high school girlfriend.
    No kidding. Like any woman would want to take you back after what you did.

Worse than that, my soon to be ex wife would take me back right now if I left!
    Good god, leave her alone. You've put her through enough.

What's wrong with you? I mean it. What made you think, "Hm, yes, I will leave my wife of 22 years to live with a woman who works a shitty part-time job and whose life is in shambles. Yes. This is a good idea."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast