+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to regain this balance of power?

how to regain this balance of power?

ok so i developed a crush on a guy (let's just call him R) i've known for about a year at school. when we first met, i was attracted to him, but ignored it because we were both in relationships. over the course of the spring semester, we both broke up with our significant others independently. a few months after i'd broken up with my boyfriend, i began seeing R around school more, and regained feelings for him..and i could tell he was interested in me too. we began spending progressively more time together, and saw each other almost every day during finals to hang out and study together. i wanted to take things slow because id just gotten out of a relationship, we were both busy with finals, and i figured there'd be plenty of time for us to get together over the summer, when we'd be interning together

wrong.

now we're interning with each other, but i feel like i never get the chance to hang out with him alone...he's always with a group of people! also, to make matters worse, it seems this girl i know has a crush on him, and he's sort of acting interested back? i dont know what's going on with him, he definitely was very interested in me before school ended...i know that from what he told a mutual friend of ours and just generally how he acted around me. i find it hard to believe that all his feelings for me could have dissipated over the course of THREE days... anyway, my question, to men specifically, is is there anything i can do to sort of regain my power in this situation? i feel like it's rapidly slipping out of my control and it's driving me crazy...should i talk to other guys and hope he gets jealous??

any advice is appreciated. danke.

You may have waited too long by taking it slow (though im sure you had your reasons). Best thing for you to do at this point is to ask him out on a date and hope that he hasnt developed too many feelings for the other girl.

If he has feelings for the other girl then there is nothing you can do.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ask him out.