+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please advice me if I have done enough .....

Please advice me if I have done enough .....

Just wanted to thank everyone for their great advices but it's over !! Thanks to everyone....
    Last edited by transporter; 07-06-11 at 02:33 AM.

Anyone please ??

Your post is difficult to read. Maybe you should edit some paragraphs into it so it's not one huge block of text. You'll get more responses that way.

You've done enough. I know people can act strangely when they're grieving the loss of someone close, but that doesn't mean you should have to tolerate her insane behavior and mistreatment of you. Stop trying to get her back.

Thank you for your response and advice. I will try to edit it. I am not going to lie, it has been a hard week and everyone I talk to, seems to be telling me the same thing. Let her go. What's crazy is that I can see her point. She wanted me to be there but at the same time, it's been a week now, and I have explained myself more than once. I also do understand that she is feeling guilty for not being there for her friend or whatever they were before me. But i am sure that they talked plenty when I was not around. I clearly stated my opinion about him and told her what i thought of him. That was about a month ago. In one of her angry txt she brought it up and said, are you happy now that my looser friend is dead ?? Like I stated, I sent her another txt on thursday and have not heard back......So let it be then ??? Or should I go and make an attempt to see her ?? I was also thinking of contacting her best friend.....She does listen to her. Good idea ??
    Last edited by transporter; 04-06-11 at 09:55 PM.

Don't try to contact her (or her friend) anymore. Even though it's a really sad and emotional situation, she has a kid and should not be acting this way. As a mother, she should understand that your son needs to be your priority and if he's sick, you can't just leave him all night. She is grieving and acting irrationally, but to try to displace her guilt onto you (for discouraging her from texting her guy friend or whatever) indicates that she's an immature person. You've definitely done enough- you've put yourself out there, and if she wants to, she will reach out to you.

I think you did enough but people who are grieving have NO sense at all. They are literally numbed by grief...

I would say let her go, but keep her in your thoughts and reach out to her as a friend as she heals.

Someone committing suicide is not another person's fault. There is a lot that goes into that. Your GF couldn't have prevented it if she wanted too. She's taking out her anger on you for sure. You seem to be a little passive aggressive though and in this situation where she is very very emotional, she's probably sensing that you are not being overly sensitive. Sometimes when people are in this unreasonable state of mind like your GF as friends and significant others, you overlook it the behavior for the time being and just be there for the person. I do understand you had to leave that night though, and you did rush over there. I don't know what you can do when someone is pushing you away like that though. Good Luck

Well, i did get a txt yesterday and for a minute I thought that things were getting back to normal. Once again, I was wrong. She accused me AGAIN for abandoning her. How I only stayed 45 min with her and that I lied about going home to my kid. Also she accused me for being cruel and mean for not contacting her. Once again, I apologised for not being able to stay longer that night. Also told her that i was really hurt from all she had said to me and even so, I still reached out to her on thursday . She denied saying anything hurtful and then she said that she couldn't remember, which I was not surprissed. I told her that I cared about her and let's move on. She responded that it was too late and it was over. I said, OK and wished her the best ! Few minutes later the phone rang and it was her raging as ever. I tried to reason one more time and it was not going anywhere since her temper was off the roof. I asked her, what she wanted from me. When i told her let's move on and be happy, it wasn't good. If I wished her the best and respected her decision to end it, that was not good either. I left it with that. I believe it's pretty much over but i am just Confused .....Any ideas what is going her in her head ??