+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tell my friend I want something more or risk losing a friendship? Please read!!!

Tell my friend I want something more or risk losing a friendship? Please read!!!

I have a dilemma and I dont know what to do anymore!

I met this girl, Katie, at a Christmas party this past year (2010) and we have been friends since then. I moved to Michigan around that time for a job so it's glad to have met someone like her. During the 7 months that I have known her we have texted daily, hunged out regularly, and have become really good friends. She has shared a lot of stuff that has/and is going on in her life, which is a bit rare for someone you don't know well but I'm a person you can trust. I'm really a good guy We have similar senses of humor and make each other laugh and we have a great time when we are together.

Without getting into too much details, this one time we got drunk and we went back to my apartment. Nothing happened but as she was leaving and I gave her a hug, she touched me downstairs. Of course I was so drunk I did not know what was going on but I should have made a move. This was about 2 months ago. Not only am I attracted to her but I think she's one of the best persons I've ever met. I seriously care about Katie. I've called her my trophy friend (like trophy wife) several times and laughs every time.

Obviously she is attracted to me since she touched me, but I have a few issues. I have a stammer and worried that this could be a problem if I where to ask her out. She has said numerous times that she does not care but still, it's a bit embarrassing. She's always very patient with me Another issue is that I'm a bit quiet. I'm not super outgoing and know this can be a turnoff. Part of the reason why I'm a bit shy is because of my stammer. This is depressing at times. Only "negative" about her is that she was in a 7 year relationship and it was pretty bad. For some reason she keeps in touch with him through text messaging.

So, should I tell her I want to be more than friends or just remain friends for now? I'm afraid that if I tell her she's beautiful and if she wants to be more than friends and she says know then things will be awkward and we wont hang out as much, or at all I can't risk losing her as a friend. I'm so attracted to her and I can't help it

Advice?

It seems like she is already into you and you need to make the move. She is understanding and accepting of a condition you are self conscious about and she has made a sexual advance towards you. As far as her keeping in touch with her ex, that is someone she was very close to for seven years. They have some kind of relationship but it shouldn't be anything more than a friendship. Imagine spending seven years with someone and then trying to cut them out of your life completely. Don't let that hold you back. Soon enough she will completely replace her ex with you and all the memories you will have.