+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he hinting something to me?

Is he hinting something to me?

I have been dating this guy for bit more than six months now. He treated me so well, always talked to me and was a joy to be around. We are both half way through college, and it is summer time. So it means we are apart for 3 months. I know he is going through trouble right now with family and school. He has his moments of depression which I normally help him with.

For the past few weeks we started to tell each other we adore each other. The last three days when I tell him he won’t respond back to it he acts like he doesn’t see them. When I tell him I miss him it is the same thing. He no longer makes me smile. On top of that I will talk to him he will answer the question most of the time and that is it, he doesn’t ask question back like he used to. He got to the point where he no longer text me in the morning.

He made a comment 3 nights ago that he was going through a lot and was going to need time to get things done. I asked him is that mean he going to break up with me. He didn’t answer me but continue to talk to me that night more about his problems. I told him I’m here for him and will work with him.

Should I take that as a hint he going to break up with me soon? I have no clue what to do. Should I ignore his text, and/or not text him at all for a day?

Don't ignore his texts, just wait until he text you which will tell you that he is ready and open to talking with you. If someone is running away from you, don't chase them.

My Advice: Let them stop running long enough to realize you're no longer chasing them.

See what happens when you wait to hear from him. His actions will tell you what's happening and if things don't improve then have the female balls to tell him you're letting him go to work on his issues.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Do you know if there are any exes on his end?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilotdxb View Post
    Do you know if there are any exes on his end?
    I know there is a girl he used to date on and off for a couple years that lived there. She dumped him for a women 3-4 years ago. If she still lives there I have no clue. Other than that I don't think so.

He hates cheating though, well that what he tells me.

Give him space....but don't expect much. I think he wants to end is but is probably too scared or doesn't know how but still respects you as a friend. He needs you as a shoulder to cry on.

You should have a "Come to Jesus" talk with him. Explain to him what you expect from a guy in a relationship (whatever that is to you). If he comes back and tells you he is "having troubles" right now, you are the one who should dump him.

Real relationships aren't about pushing someone away when things aren't going well, they are about getting support from one's partner. You deserve to have a guy who doesn't jerk you around when things aren't going well for him.

The real test of someone's character is what he does when times are tough. Find a guy with better character who doesn't need to jerk his girlfriend around when he has stress in his life.

That is the way I act when I am on the way out of a relationship. However, I will act that way for weeks/months. A few days might not be something to worry about.

Your only real option here is communication - direct, clear communication. Tell him outright that you're unhappy with his lack of communication and you'd like to know what is going on, and what his intentions are. If he won't respond, you've got your answer.

Don't play games as some here have suggested. Don't assume he's a mind-reader and knows what you want. Don't assume you know what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Your only real option here is communication - direct, clear communication. Tell him outright that you're unhappy with his lack of communication and you'd like to know what is going on, and what his intentions are. If he won't respond, you've got your answer.

Don't play games as some here have suggested. Don't assume he's a mind-reader and knows what you want. Don't assume you know what he wants.
    Ditto, this is the advice you should follow.