+ Follow This Topic

Thread: going off sex?

going off sex?

Me and my boyfriend have been together a couple of years and for about a year of that we have been living together.
    When we first got together (and me in general) we were always having sex. Im a very sexual person I love pleasing my boyfriend - in other words there was never any shortage.
    Since living together however, this has changed dramatically - on my end.
    I especially for the past 6 months I have completely gone off sex with him. I find myself thinking about it with other people but when it comes down to it with him I feel like im forcing myself to do it.
    Also when we have sex, he will come really REALLY fast and thats also a factor of why I almost just don't see the point. Recently aswell, because we havent been having sex as much its gotten worse but i feel like its a vicious circle really.
    I dont know whethwe I've gone off it because of where we're living or how we're so confined or whether our relationship has just run its course.
    I used to think that a relationship would be okay without amazing sex but.. I'm starting to think otherwise.

Sometimes I just wish I could have one night of amazing sex thatd be nice.

You need to try different things to spice up your sex life. You think about sex with other people so your sex drive doesn't seem to be the problem, nor does his. Try games and setting the moods and being spontaneous to see if that works better.

Also, as for him cumming too fast was he always like that or only recently? He might have felt like in the past he needed to perform well to keep you interested but now he's settled down into just using sex with you as a way to get off. Talk to him about it, tell him you want him to make you cum whether you decide you want that to be from prolonged intercourse, oral sex, etc. and he should be interested in pleasing you. If he has always been a fast guy then you should try different positions that will allow him to last longer (like you on top) or ask to change positions every couple minutes during sex.

I think you need to address this topic with him, but read up on "premature ejaculation" first. You need to have your facts in line before you address this very sensitive topic with him. Men are VERY sensitive about this, and they know when they do it, but they don't know what to do about it. Be sure to assure him you love him and you want to work this out, and improve things. Don't say "improve him" it might freak him out. Just say "solve this issue" (don't say "problem") or "improve things".

Perhaps you haven't told him you are unhappy so he has no reason to change. Maybe he thinks everything is ok. Just try to communicate in a nice, sensitive manner.

Talk to him. Then if it doesn't work find another BF

Sex is very important. It is also part of a relationship. If there is no sex that means no relationship

after a while, you really have to add new things in your sexual relationship. it is known and logical that in time sex with the same person is not as it was at the beginning. the part with the really fast coming on him...that can be temporary...really. try new things and try not to think so much that is not good...make it better. good luck

some men really cum fast. i think you want another boy friend or men because you have been thinkng about other people.

Quote Originally Posted by rvanodia View Post
    Sex is very important. It is also part of a relationship. If there is no sex that means no relationship
    This upsets me and pisses me off greatly. Maybe some people want to be close with their partner and care for them, but beyond the level of friendship, without sex?

Quote Originally Posted by rvanodia View Post
    Sex is important to me for bonding, but I realize it is not important to everyone. I think they should try to address this problem first before breaking up.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)