+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Womens view of a 1 night stand?

The Womens view of a 1 night stand?

I recently hooked up with a girl ive been friends with for a couple months, i wasnt intending to, she pritty much came onto me at a party i was having with friends. So after seeing her a few times and hanging out im not really sure what shes thinking?! Im definatly into her, but im not sure if she only wanted a 1 time thing? So give me some sorta advice ladies, from what ive noticed women are looking for a relationship, or are they just looking for 1 time sex? I myself am somewhat shy and have only dated 2 girls, so idk what this girl is thinking

sadie_genie Guest
    It is a one night stand so she isn't looking for a relationship with YOU. However, you can try to get to know her better and see if she wants something more.

Edit: Also be aware that girls who go for one night stands are usually the messed up ones.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 07-06-11 at 10:12 AM.

tremolo Guest
    If you've known this girl for awhile, I don't know if that really counts as a one night stand - particularly, if you've been continuing to hook up and/or see each other. Chances are she likes you and wants a relationship and is going about it rather badly.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    It is a one night stand so she isn't looking for a relationship with YOU. However, you can try to get to know her better and see if she wants something more.

Edit: Also be aware that girls who go for one night stands are usually the messed up ones.

thats some good advice right there, i keep thinking about her, but at the same time im telling myself i might be better to stay away a relationship, god danm!

How do you even know if it's just a one night stand if you haven't talked to her about it? You are thinking that it's good advice yet it may not even apply to you and your friend.

There is a girl in this very forum who was asking a question that said that she had sex for the first time with a friend and now she doesn't know what they are. Still just friends or something more because they had been friends.

So: instead of jumping to the conclusions of any of us who don't know you and this girl and are assuming. If you don't want a gf/bf relationship with her then you don't have to have one but don't rule it out either without finding our what she thinks of it.

If you keep thinking about her then call her up, meet her and have a convo about where both your heads are at. I'm really not sure you can classify it as a one night stand when you've been friends for so long. It's really not a one night stand in the real sense where you meet for the first time and then never see each other again after you've finished.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-06-11 at 11:11 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijklmno View Post
    So give me some sorta advice ladies, from what ive noticed women are looking for a relationship, or are they just looking for 1 time sex?
    There is no one answer to this question. Not all women are the same. Some look for a relationship and some look for casual flings. And just because a girl wants a casual fling doesn't make her messed up. Lots of sane women have one night stands.

Nevermind what she's looking for. What are you looking for? Whatever that is, pursue it. If she's into it, great. If not, you move on.

Yeah....id also add that I would think a majority of people (or close to a majority) have had a one night stand in their lives. Depending on age of course

ive never known a girl to have continuous sex, or even continue to hang out with a guy after one night of sex, if they werent into him for more than one-time sex. and u guys were friends first on top of that, so i doubt she even sees it as a one night stand. As a girl i can say for me and my friends.. that if we just want a one night stand, it would be just that. She could just be liking the company and wanting a casual fling.. but that doesnt mean shes ruled out the potential of a relationship with u.