+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need advice.

Really need advice.

Hello
    I am 15 years old, live in England and I need some advice.
    There is this girl [does not go my school] but goes to my monday night acting classes, I have known her for 2 years and I really like her.
    We have always got on well even in the times when she has been with people but I have always been concerned that she just wants to be friends.
    I have never been quite up to asking her out untill 3 weeks ago and I was still only able to do it over the phone, I did it on a saturday. She recently broke up with her BF [I know him, not exactly mates but hes at my school and in all fairness hes a knob and I dont blame her for dumping him] and her reply was "sorry, I am not over Alex quite yet"
    I really like her and want to be with her, she likes me aswell, I make her laugh and we're always talking but I just feel slightly awkward about asking this one girl for some reaosn, and also there are always others aorund when I see her.
    Any advice guys?

You've already asked her out, so it won't be as tough the next time.
    The best piece of advice I can offer is two-fold:
    A) Don't focus solely on her. It can come across to her as a little creepy, plus it limits your possibilities of meeting new girls that you might like.
    B) Don't make a big deal about it. Keep things casual and easy. Keep chatting with her, get comfortable with yourself. Use your acting skills if you must.

Remember that you are young and everything is a learning experience. Just keep your head up through it all. Confidence in yourself is the key.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

She knows how you feel. You'll just have to wait. Or find somebody else.

Anyway, I decided not to take your advice, not on purpose, but we were talking on the phone as we often do and I just suddenly had to let it all out. I told you how much I loved her, how I felt about her and how long I have wanted her. She told me I was'nt her type but that she loves me to the moon and back, she said I was cheeky, funny and had a heart of gold and that I did the right thing telling her, she sees me more as a brother than a lover. I thought I would be heart broken, I am upset at the moment but I feel happy I finally let it out and told her just incase she felt the same, we see eachother on Monday and we'll discuss it more then before we continue to be good friends

Well, hopefully you can maintain a friendship with her, but it might be difficult. Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    her reply was "sorry, I am not over Alex quite yet"
    This is girl talk for "I'm not attracted to you."