+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving

moving

hey there guys and gals. i'm having a situation and i'd just like to know what you all think.

my boyfriend and i have been planning to move in together for a while and we are both excited about the idea, it's happening in february. well he has decided now that he wants to buy a house. he hasn't been approved and he's planning on doing that asap, and we are very confident that he'll be approved. but it still may take a month or two to actualy move in. well i have to move out at the end of the month. the solution for this he suggested was for me to move into his apartment, a small 2 bedroom and a male roommate, and keep all of my things in storage in the meantime.

it is a complete leap of faith for me. i have no idea what i'm getting myself into but it's worth it that i help him get his own house. my name wouldn't be on it so it would completely be his.

he also promised that if things didn't happen quickly then we'll look at other options, otherwise we could be there maybe two months.

do you guys think i'm crazy?

How long have you been with this guy?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

2 years...

Go for it. And enjoy the craziness. Sometimes it's nice to do something 'out of the ordinary' every now and then.

If anything, it'll be a great life experience to talk about in the future, no matter WHAT the outcome.

thanks falexi. i have 'enjoyed' a lot of craziness, so what's another couple of months right? i swear, if my life wasn't crazy i'd be bored.

The only issue that I would have with this situation is the "not knowing" as far as getting this house goes. If he isn't approved, it could be a big/long issue.

Also of note, these things take quite some time, unless you have some serious cash laying around. It isn't like buying a car where you just walk in and move in the next day. I'm sure you already know this, but remember that sort of thing when living with him is concerned.

Almost nothing puts a damper on a relationship like having a 3rd roomate in the house. And believe me when I say that this isnt something you want to have to deal with for longer than a month or so. Not only that, but I know how women are about having their "stuff" handy. And having all of yours in storage can be quite a pain.

thanks cybog. i've spent many awaken nights thinking about those very things. it will be hard to have another roommate and not having my stuff around will make me very sad. he has said that if this doesn't work out in a certain amount of time that we will have to rent something. and i will have saved money to where i can rent something by myself right away. and we have some cash laying around, it's not a "serious" amount but it's something. i also have some friends who will let me spend the night every now and again so that will definitely help. i am engaging in many risks here.

but we'll see. i keep you informed.

hey mis, i think you should go for it, its a leap of faith but youve been with your boyfriend a long time and whenever ive spoken to you it seems like you have a solid relationship. You both have thought this through very carefully and it seems like you are ready. So its a bit crazy, but as you said, life would be boring without some craziness! good luck mate -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

thanks schueys girl. i really appreciate the support.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    At least you'll get to learn of all his dirty little habits while you're livin' with 'em.

It looks like you've taken a lot of factors into consideration, but no matter how many things you've considered, chances are there's bound to be a few surprises. Just be ready for that, I would suggest, but otherwise, you seem to have a really firm handle on reality and a good head on your shoulders. I'm not worried about you.

Good luck.
    Freds

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    At least you'll get to learn of all his dirty little habits while you're livin' with 'em.

oh gawd i know!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    It looks like you've taken a lot of factors into consideration, but no matter how many things you've considered, chances are there's bound to be a few surprises. Just be ready for that, I would suggest, but otherwise, you seem to have a really firm handle on reality and a good head on your shoulders. I'm not worried about you.

Good luck.
    Freds

thanks freddie. i'll need some friends and open ears while i'm going through all of this, definitely

as far as it stands he called a guy who asked him for all of his information and then called and said he was going to transfer him to somebody else, ugh. so he called his cousin who is a mortgage broker and is hooking him up with somebody, we meet with her tomorrow. so wish us luck

I already did. Pay attention!

Just play'n. When you move into your new house I'll have to go check it out, then! Hey..I just thought of this: What about the cats? Especially when you're in w/ your boyfriend for the time in between? You gotta make sure your cats'll be okay!

Freds

oh yes my cats are coming with me, that might be the hardest part. they will have to learn to be hobos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast