+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Guys Like to Be Chased?

Do Guys Like to Be Chased?

If a girl is independent, successful, outgoing, fun, sexy/attractive, and affectionate, how would a normal guy react if she chases him somewhat? Meaning he initiated the first call/text, but now she's doing most of the initiating and even asks to see him every once in awhile. If the guy calls/texts back is he ok with it?

Do guys like to be chased with the girl doing all the work? I just wonder because there are so many girls that I've seen actually "catch" a guy they chased by hanging around them a lot and calling/texting them all of the time. Are there some guys that like that kind of girl???

sadie_genie Guest
    Ya. Guys fall for girls who text them all the time. Happens to my guyfriends. I am cold towards guys and they hate me.

thats how my current gf got me. i liked it, i wanted her then.

Well ... if she is attractive, has a good personality, and is fun to be around, who wouldn't mind being chased?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmess View Post
    how would a normal guy react if she chases him somewhat?
    I'd fall in love. I'm not joking. I couldn't imagine anything hotter than a girl who knows what she wants and takes it. That said, while a girl who asks me out on a date and contacts occasionally (rarely enough to give me a chance to contact too) is a godsend, a girl who constantly spams text messages would probably come across as needy and annoying.

If the guy calls/texts back is he ok with it?
    Depends on his answer. If he says "Stop pestering me!", he isn't ok with it. If he says "Omg yes, I'd love to meet you", he's more than ok with it. We guys are a bit complicated in that way.

Do guys like to be chased with the girl doing all the work?
    Not really. I'd be flattered but a relationship is best when it's two sided. Then again if a girl took the initiative, I wouldn't let her do all the work.

Are there some guys that like that kind of girl???
    Plenty, I'm guessing. A better question would be, are there any girls that are willing to take the initiative? I've never met one.

Depends on his answer. If he says "Stop pestering me!", he isn't ok with it. If he says "Omg yes, I'd love to meet you", he's more than ok with it. We guys are a bit complicated in that way.
    Sometimes the girl might text him to let him know he's on her mind, not requesting him to answer her back. Sometimes, the guy doesn't respond, but most of the time the guy texts right back. With that being said it would be safe to assume he's ok with her "chasing" him, right?

Sometimes the girl might text him to let him know he's on her mind, not requesting him to answer her back. Sometimes, the guy doesn't respond, but most of the time the guy texts right back. With that being said it would be safe to assume he's ok with her "chasing" him, right?
    Most likely. The thing with text messages is that they are easily lost or forgotten about. Still, it would be adviseable to talk to the guy and ask if it's too much.

Yes, unless it's Qwerty with a mouthfull of "snowball."
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If he is attracted to you , he will like it. If he's not that into you, he's not going to like it. If he makes excuses about why he can't see you or tells you he "is not ready for a relationship", it means he's not that into you.

If he is attracted to you , he will like it. If he's not that into you, he's not going to like it. If he makes excuses about why he can't see you or tells you he "is not ready for a relationship", it means he's not that into you.
    That is very true and in that case the guy who is being chased should be man enough to say "I'm not that into you" and not keep accepting text messages, phone calls, etc. Just saying...

That is very true and in that case the guy who is being chased should be man enough to say "I'm not that into you" and not keep accepting text messages, phone calls, etc. Just saying...
    The sooner you learn not to think that a guy "should be man enough to.... (insert phrase here)", but, instead, simply go by his actions and act accordingly, the sooner you will do better in the realm of dating and relationships.

The sooner you learn not to think that a guy "should be man enough to.... (insert phrase here)", but, instead, simply go by his actions and act accordingly, the sooner you will do better in the realm of dating and relationships.
    Give me a break!!! I do just fine in the dating/relationship world. If you can't be man enough to tell a girl you like her or you don't, that's your issue not ours. How hard is it to utter those words "I'm not into you, leave me alone." Not very, if you are leading girls on with your "actions" versus your words, I'm sorry!!!!

Give me a break!!! I do just fine in the dating/relationship world. If you can't be man enough to tell a girl you like her or you don't, that's your issue not ours. How hard is it to utter those words "I'm not into you, leave me alone." Not very, if you are leading girls on with your "actions" versus your words, I'm sorry!!!!
    You do fine? Really? Then why are you having to chase some guy who isn't acting interested in you?

Most women that I know who "do fine" in this area, don't have to do what you are doing.

The sooner you become less bitter and think you have to tell "guys" how to act, the sooner you will be able to focus on guys who are interested in you.

You do fine? Really? Then why are you having to chase some guy who isn't acting interested in you?

Most women that I know who "do fine" in this area, don't have to do what you are doing.

The sooner you become less bitter and think you have to tell "guys" how to act, the sooner you will be able to focus on guys who are interested in you.
    You are laughable and yes, really, I do just fine. I'm in a very healthy relationship with a great guy. If you read the post correctly, It was a generalized question, I never said it was me doing those things. So maybe it's you that is bitter...

Generally, people (both men and women) will try to avoid confrontations. In the dating realm, this usually means that they will ignore someone they are not interested in, rather than confronting him or her and stating they are not into the person.

Most people who are successful at dating, social situations, and in the workplace generally figure this out pretty early and act accordingly.

Blaming someone and telling him he should "man-up" serves no particular purpose. Again, most successful people figure this out early on and realize that they can only control their own behaviors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast