+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Guys Like to Be Chased?

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmess View Post
    I'm in a very healthy relationship with a great guy. If you read the post correctly, It was a generalized question, I never said it was me doing those things.
    If you are in a happy, healthy, long term relationship, why do you care one way or the other what guys do when girls text or call them?

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedmess View Post
    That is very true and in that case the guy who is being chased should be man enough to say "I'm not that into you" and not keep accepting text messages, phone calls, etc. Just saying...
    If the girl is worried about that, she should make sure that the guy knows that she's after a relationship. For example, say "would you like to go on a date" rather than "we should see each other some time". A girl chasing them is usually unexpected and guys can easily get confused. If she's just casually chatting and the guy likes her, he won't tell her to piss off even if he isn't interested in a relationship. Same goes for girls being chased by guys too obviously.

Asking him on a date after a few lines of flirting is best practise anyway. Guys appreciate straight forwardness. No need to waste time on chatter before she knows if he's interested.

I only date girls who msg me first. I'm not shy, but I want to know that she has a minimal amount of self-confidence, and her sending the first online message shows me she has confidence. After she shows some clear interest, I ask her out. Often, on a dating website, she will send me a message. Then we msg back and forth and I ask her on the first date.

I'm really looking for confident, assertive, but friendly women. That's just my thing.
    Last edited by bulrush; 11-06-11 at 01:37 AM.

Yes, guys like to be chased. Its great to be wanted. And its always refreshing to find a girl willing to take the first step. But if the girl is truely doing all the work sound like something is wrong. Just because guys like to be chased doesn't mean they want to be chased by everyone. Maybe the guy is not interested.

Yay!!!! finally guys are speaking up about this. I'm an aggressive woman (go figure huh) and guys melt like butter in my hands......I do the push pull method, do a little teasing (pick up)...it works like a charm, but yes it's way easier being female of course. Girls and woman waste so much of their time just sitting there waiting for a guy to grow some to approach them......look how many guys come on the board asking how to attract, how to ask a girl out, what to say.....when it all could be solved if the ladies finally stepping up and made the first move. So ladies listen to these guys......it's ok to strike up a conversation, ask for a number, make that call for a second date...geeez!

Quote Originally Posted by RealPotential View Post
    Yes, guys like to be chased. Its great to be wanted. And its always refreshing to find a girl willing to take the first step. But if the girl is truely doing all the work sound like something is wrong. Just because guys like to be chased doesn't mean they want to be chased by everyone. Maybe the guy is not interested.
    It's no different than a guy chasing a girl....she may not find him attractive either....that's just the way you play the game....it's a hit or miss for anyone.

The tip is the eye contact....you see the interest with a stare, locked eyes or the second look that's a few seconds longer before you make your approach.

Gosh, I misread the question. I'm a guy. Yes, I like to be chased or asked out on a date.

Most definitely! But don't cross the line and be "obsessive". Then your man will be scared off. Just remember to stay cool.

If a girl in which you described chased me, I would be over the moon! DO IT! I DREAM OF A GIRL TO CHASE ME (MOST MEN DO) But sadly 90% of girls don't take the first step

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12