+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I leave my fiance for my lover?

Should I leave my fiance for my lover?

ok here it goes... i have meet my fiance at school and ever since then i been going out with him. its been 1 year and five months and 6 months in he proposed and i accepted. when i got in the program i wanted to, he got all sad and cuz he was gonna miss me and stuff, in which he got all depressed, i met my lover. he was in my class. my fiance is a very nice guy and very loving but sometimes he gets on my nerves. so i broke up with him to go out with my lover and it didnt work the way i planned so i went back out with my fiance and now i live with him but we have no money and he wont stand up and be a man and help me with things....but he rather sleep or play computer games... i talk to my lover every day and he wants to just pick me up and go live with him... im so afriad of leaving my fiance and seeing him hurt but i cant take it anymore with him.. i feel stuck and not in love with him anymore like i used too. please im i crazy for leaving a (annoying) good guy for my lover?

Leave your fiance because he isn't what you want, and don't bother with your lover because all he wants is sex. Better off being single for awhile until you finally meet a real man.

You should definitely leave your fiancee if you dont love him. You will only be even more unhappy later on.. the cracks don't really get smaller you know.
    Don't leave him for your lover either - it didnt work the first time did it? You should have some time being single for a while to find your feet. Theres not need to jump from one relationship to the next

Fiance vs lover? Lol..... I swear,I feel sometimes I must lead the most boring life or live in another universe.

Neither one fulfills your needs

thanxs for the replies

I agree with the other comments. Your lover is your lover because you weren't happy with your fiance. If you drop your lover and stay with your fiance, you will probably just find someone else to fill the gaps and try to take your mind off your relationship with your fiance.

Forget about the lover and stop talking to him. Cut ties with him. Then talk to your fiance. Let him know how your feelings have changed and that you think it is time to go your separate ways. Be upfront and honest with him. He deserves that much respect at least.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

What you're looking for is infatuation. Not love. You want that fresh, new, exciting feeling that you get when you start a new relationship. But those feelings don't last, even in the most committed relationships. That's why your boyfriend "gets on your nerves". You're used to him. And then you see another guy you're attracted to and all of a sudden, the grass looks greener on the other side. I can assure you that it isn't. And THAT is what you have to remind yourself. The grass is not always greener on the other side. If you leave your fiancee for this other guy, then you will end up in the same position you are now (doubtful, annoyed, and bored) If you are thinking of leaving your fiancee, do it for the right reason; not to go with someone else. You need to sit down and weigh the pros and cons of your relationship. Do you think that you'll be less bored or less in love with another guy after a year's worth of dating? Don't keep repeating the same patterns.