+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When you start dating how many times a week should you see your girlfriend?

When you start dating how many times a week should you see your girlfriend?

Just a thought. I have been seeing this girl now for about 6 weeks and this week we became boyfriend and girlfriend. She lived about 30mins from me until yesterday when she moved and now the drive is about 1 and a half hours away from me. We saw each other every day from last Saturday until Thursday as I was away the week before that on holiday and now she has moved and has no car its going to be a lot harder to get to see each other. So When you are at the early stages of dating how many times a week should you really meet up and see each other and how many times a day should you text her and should you call her every day for a chat or not?

Everyone is different about the fequency of text messages, calls, going out, etc, in a relationship. So you will have to guage it as you go along what you both are comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtheman36 View Post
    Just a thought. I have been seeing this girl now for about 6 weeks and this week we became boyfriend and girlfriend. She lived about 30mins from me until yesterday when she moved and now the drive is about 1 and a half hours away from me. We saw each other every day from last Saturday until Thursday as I was away the week before that on holiday and now she has moved and has no car its going to be a lot harder to get to see each other. So When you are at the early stages of dating how many times a week should you really meet up and see each other and how many times a day should you text her and should you call her every day for a chat or not?
    As much as you're both comfortable with - this means you must TALK about it. If you can't compromise on something mutually agreeable, it's probably a sign that it's not going to end well anyhow.

It is different for everyone. I know this answer isn't a simple solution it is true. When I was first dating my fiance my mother told me I was seeing him too much. She thought once a week was plenty of time. Yet I wanted to see him every day if I could. He also told me that he never liked to see girls he was dating as much as he was now seeing me. I guess that was his way of knowing that I would be "the one."

How do you feel if you haven't see or talked to her for a few days? Do you miss her, or do you feel like, oh its cool, I will see her in a few? Only you and her can decide what works best for the 2 of you.

Rule 1. There are no rules.
    Rule 2. Read rule 1.