+ Follow This Topic

Thread: can't stop thinking about her...

can't stop thinking about her...

back in september i started uni and at first (being quite a shy person) kept mainly to my room and didn't really talk to my flatmates, but after a couple of weeks i started talking to them and started to get on really well with them, becoming very good friends and going out together.

Anyway after a couple of weeks after getting to know them all properly I found myself attracted to one of them quite a bit (who we'll call leanne), even though she isn't stunning (although she isn't bad looking), and as the weeks went on i found myself becoming more and more attracted to her. its about 3 months later now and i have never felt this strongly about someone before, every time i talk to her or think about her i get butterflies and my heart beats faster, and i think about her a lot, even over christmas when i was back home. I've thought about her EVERY night before i go to sleep for over 2 months now, and every morning i wake up.

Even though we get on well i know that nothing could develop becuase:

a)she already has a boyfriend who is a really decent guy and who she really likes

and b)she lives up in scotland when not at uni (which is down in england)

Am i just infatuated and if so what should i do about it? comments from anyone who's been in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

well mate youve already said that nothing can develop because of those two very good reasons, so the only thing you can do is forget about having a relationship with her while these two reasons still exist.

Certainly still be her friend (it is evident you care about her an awful lot and who know what can happen in the future?) but dont waste your life waiting for her. I havent really been in a situation like this, altho im sure most people have wanted someone they cant have for whatever reason.

The only thing we can do is find a way to stop thinking about them and move on...there maybe someone else more perfect for you out there but you wont see her because your still thinking of 'leanne' good luck -x-
    ******* 7 Times World Champion Michael Schumacher - the ultimate sporting hero *******

The only cure is to find another woman you like as soon as is possible.
    Last edited by Thefrey; 14-01-05 at 06:33 AM.

You've got a couple choices here. Either you say something to her stating that you like her, or you just leave it as a friendship.

It seems that your thinking about her so much she's starting to become and obsession or infatuation. Its your life, what do you want to do with it?

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn