+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, its coming to an end I think

Well, its coming to an end I think

Some of you are familiar with my story from a few months ago.

I've been with my gf for just over 4 combined months (she took some space after month 1 as she didn't think it was fair to date while she was getting over her ex), we're both mid-20s, it has been a slow moving relationship. We had held back on sex for a bit at her request, she was tired of being in relationships that were just about sex and wanted something real - or so I was lead to believe.

Fast forward to Wednesday last week, we're getting pretty hot on her couch, I was ready to go, she said it was late and she didn't want to do this and get no sleep for work, so she suggested the weekend instead.

Last night things get messed up. She comes over after work to pick up a few bucks that I owe her, barely says hello, little peck of a kiss, tells me she might not be able to see me on Saturday (even though we have big date plans, plus possibly finally making the physical connection) then says she needs to get up early and leaves, barely a goodbye.

I find out that she actually went over a friends after (at least that is what I was told by her) and when I asked her why she canceled our date, she told me she thought it was next week (which was a lie, she was the one who scheduled it not 2 days ago). I sent her a couple of more texts to find out why she wasn't telling the truth, all were ignored. When I tried to call her this morning to confront, she ignored my call, I left a VM, and she sent a text back saying she was super busy and might call me later. She simply will not talk to me right now.

Up until now things have been great, this just suddenly came out of nowhere!

We haven't ended anything, but I need some thoughts.

Sounds to me like she working through her feelings for you. Just give her space. If you try and push her she will back off.

I pushed her pretty hard through text for some answers, but I gave up on that this morning after she replied to my VM with a text.

So now I just wait I guess, see what she comes back with.

yeah well just push back on her and don't initiate any contact.

the more you contact her the less she will want you

I just don't get how it changed literally overnight.

No warning whatsoever! Things were great, and now it appears she is completely distanced.

I've seen and experienced this.......taking space is one thing, but when she starts to lie about stuff, it changes evrything. If she needs space to sort her feelings, why would she need to lie about it? Don't let her drag you thru the mud man.....

It is a small lie, she pretended she didn't know the date we had plans, but that said, she WAS the one who planned it.

I'm just going to do as said above, not call at all. She is ignoring me right now anways, so I can't push her.

Well, an entire day without a call from her, this is incredibly rare, so whatever the case, something has changed, and not for the positive.

She is messing you about my friend. So dump her. Unless you like being messed around in which case continue and enjoy the pain.

I despise it when women do this! You just have to play it cool. Either see it out and wait for her to finally get in touch or text her saying you don't appreciate someone playing games, so either grow up or f*ck off.

The second approach is risky, lol.

The second approach will work. The first will not - I was with a woman last year and continually thought 'it will get better'. I was wasting my time - she was a loony, a fruit loop, a bunny boiler. If people are arseholes then they will continue to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    It is a small lie, she pretended she didn't know the date we had plans, but that said, she WAS the one who planned it.

I'm just going to do as said above, not call at all. She is ignoring me right now anways, so I can't push her.
    Another doormat guy who makes excuses for a girl who treats him poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by ConniptionFit View Post
    Another doormat guy who makes excuses for a girl who treats him poorly.
    Haha kind of true. But I also feel like kind of a dink, she had a major issues with her friends this weekend and spent most of the weekend trying to sort through that, all she had to do was spend 5 minutes telling me what the **** was going on.

I still think I should break up with her, her lack of communication probably shows for bigger problems down the road.

Just an update, its over. I confronted her, she told me she "doesn't have time for a relationship right now" and blamed me for EVERYTHING.

Ehh, typical selfish bitch behavior. Won't take responsibility for anything. Let her go, don't contact her for any reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast