+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I handled this well.

I think I handled this well.

So, the ex started to text me tonight. Mostly telling me to, once again, delete her friend. I told her I would but I've been busy. We got in a small argument about it and how she wants me to just "f*cking respect my wishes," and what not. She said she wanted to rid me from her life completely and she doesn't share with exes ever. She basically wants to make sure she never has to come in contact with me.

Then apparently the new guy is already there and snatched her phone because I got a text saying how awesome he was to her and how their sex life is amazing. She apologized almost immediately after saying it was him. I acted pretty cool, calm, collected and indifferent to it; replying with a simple, "haha, that's awesome for you two." She responded with quoting him, "How does it feel to know you lost to someone on the internet?" Once again, I responded indifferently to it with, "It sucks but we're both bettering ourselves. Hope everything for you two works out." She apologized for him saying he can be a dick sometimes. I just shrugged it off and agreed to delete the mutual friend so it wouldn't rise to more unnecessary drama. She then apologized for being a giant bitch and I just told her I understood everything then ended the conversation saying I needed to get some sleep, to take care and have fun.

I have already deleted the conversation from my phone and am really surprised how well I'm taking this. Knowing me, I would be upset but I'm really not. I'm just so.. mellow about it all, I guess. I was kind of shocked at first seeing how I can't fathom how she thinks this is appropriate behavior. Especially with what I did for her and how genuinely polite/gentlemanly I've been acting about the whole thing. I have no idea what's going through her head but I suppose she's happy for now so, we'll leave it that. I know I acted mature and came out on top in this situation. The mutual friend wasn't even a friend to begin with so no harm there.

haha good job

When you get a text from her delete it - don't even waste a millisecond of your life reading it.
    Same with Facebook

Well done !

The best thing to do now, Is to block her on facebook (Facebook really is the root of all evil), And delete her number properly, If she texts you, Don't even read it, Just delete it!

Stay strong man ! You will get through this, And you will find someone even more amazing !

As to the texts, Just shows how great there relationship is if they are sitting around sending you messages like that

Your the mature person here, Go for fill your life and your dreams !

Best of luck !

Even better, go onto your phone account and block her number. That way you won't be tempted to respond, even politely... because you'll never even see it. And it'll drive her insane.

Well played! It makes the two of them look pathetic and childish whereas it should give you a feeling of empowerment.

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, guys. I have deleted her number without even attempting to memorize it but I won't block her. It's just not me to completely cut someone off even considering all the circumstances. I'll never initiate contact with her but I will respond if she tries to talk to me. It may be a character flaw to some and it's not a deviant plan to win her back or anything of the sort. That's just who I am and if she truly needs me, she knows how to contact me. I'm glad I acted the way I did. As a number of my close friends said, you do not feed the troll. Instead of acting depressed, angry or jealous, I showed indifference and was polite. Just goes to show you how strong and good of a person I am compared to them. All I could do was wish them the best and continue to do me for only me -- no one else.
    Last edited by that one guy; 13-06-11 at 08:41 PM.