+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Back to square one?

Back to square one?

So my Ex broke up with me 9 months ago Because we used to fight a lot mainly due to my constant jealousy and controlling such problems. After split we were in contact for 3-4 months Because I wanted to work on things and maybe try to get back Because that's what even he had said after break up that maybe in future if we don't fight we have a chance, but after that whenever I tried to talk to him he was blowing hot and cold and whenever I brought up about us he always used to say I don't know what I feel right and all that. so I thought he probably don't want to get back and he is saying it nicely and I stopped all contact and started moving and after a month he mailed saying he appreciate me trying to change things but he didn't feel yet and he thinks there is no future with me and that made me come to finally think he gave closure and I continued doing what I was and a week back and he contacts me and says how I hurt him and never tried getting back or replied his email and he was tired of waiting , when I said I did reply he said he never got that offline message . And in the end he said he wanted to say what he felt for a while and said if iever wish to talk he will b there so basically did he contact to vent his feelings or did he want to get back.Also during talk he said how I actually instead of working I was busy moving on to some one else when the fact I trying to move on by passing more time with frnds one of them is a guy and close to me. so when I asked about email about him saying he doesn't see future with me . For that he said i was trying to vent my feelings so maybe i try abit harder. So i dont know if he wants to get back or he just wanted to tell how he felt.

Good lord. Don't play anymore of his manipulative games. Ask him outright if he'd like to try again and become exclusive bf/gf if he says yes, then try again but make sure that the same issues that made you break up before have been resolved because if they haven't been, then you'll just break up again and be hurt all over.

If he doesn't answer your question with either a yes or a no, tell him to to stop contacting you then and get on with his life without you. Then don't contact him again. Let him contact you when/if he wants a relationship as you're no longer interested in his indicision and mind games.

If you actually stop and think about this if he wanted to be with you, you've given him every chance to do that yet instead of being with you, he plays mind games and confusies the crap out of you. pfffft. to him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I would ask him outright but he said he doesn't feel i have tried to make effort so it means he doesnt fully believe i have changed so why talking to me now after so many months to say the same thing.

I don't know why all these months to say the same thing. You need to take control and tell him that you'd like to try again but if he doesn't want to now then to leave you alone if he's not interested in trying again.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion