+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sooooooo

Sooooooo

Should men basically always initiate contact in the beginning of a relationship?
    What do ppl think?

No, I think it should be both ways.

Both. and they should split the bill for whatever they do!
    You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want

men shouldn't have to but, it seems they usually do if they're actually interested in getting to know you. Once you get comfortable and there is mutual interest it just becomes a smooth, fine dance of back and forth intitiating.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Men have to because women are still too chicken to initiate.

I prefer lazy to chicken. Why should I if he's going to? : P I did actually initiate the contact with my husband cause after stalking him for 2 weeks he hadn't talked to me. It turned out he had a gf at the time so I dated someone else not seriously for a few months while we continued to talk as friends and occasionally complain about things in our relationships. I was in process of breaking up with my casual relationship because after asking 5 times for me to officially be his gf and me declining he decided to assume no meant yes and start calling me his gf when my husband's gf randomly texted him that it was over. Another few weeks of talking while we were both single (well my "bf" was not quite gone because he was refusing to give up and no still meant yes to him) and I asked him when he was going to invite me to do something instead of just talking. The start of acknowledging each other and the start of the relationship was both my doing when I got tired of waiting. I just preferred waiting first to see if I had to initiate things and how long that took and how it was done told me a lot about the intentions of the guys I met.
    Last edited by kageri; 15-06-11 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kageri View Post
    I just preferred waiting first to see if I had to initiate things and how long that took and how it was done told me a lot about the intentions of the guys I met.
    Interesting, care to elaborate on that?

My recent experience with dating has led me to believe that a man should initiate to begin with. Each guy that I've initiated contact and dates has ended badly! I assume the men I'm attracting are true hunters.

I suppose for new men though it may appear that I'm not that interested, but I feel that I need to let them take the lead....
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu