+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Contact = Success

dang. pick me upper. I am almost a month after trying to reconcile our relationship after a break up in novemeber. We tried for 2 months to see if we can be in a relationship, didn't work out for her so i said it's time for me to move on, i won't call you and please don't bother calling me. I was doing amazing until i got a minor set back from a mutual friend but i am on the ropes again and starting to feel better. If it wasn't for NC i would be doomed but this is the best way! She asks about me to my friends but i tell them don't bother telling me anything because i never ask about her to any of you ever. Sometimes things slip out of their mouth but its all good. As long as she is happy with her life i can move on with mine and find happiness through my own means. Don't kill yourself over someone who doesn't want to be a part of your life, if they wanted to be they would be right there beside you. In time there is someone who will come along no doubt about it, move on get over your ex so you can give your all to that person without comparing what you had. NC all the way!
    Haha... yeah friends can definitely keep the sting coming for a little while. Especially if they know or know of the ex and keep bringing them up, whether it be on purpose or not. Sounds like you're taking care of business the right way though.

Quote Originally Posted by flynhayn View Post
    Haha... yeah friends can definitely keep the sting coming for a little while. Especially if they know or know of the ex and keep bringing them up, whether it be on purpose or not. Sounds like you're taking care of business the right way though.
    I like how you're supporting your thread, keep it up.

Tell us your story, I think I might stick around this thread a while.

NO CONTACT= HEAL, i'm no longer feeling longing to the ex and ready for meeting new wonderful guys :-).

Been a week last Monday i finished with my gf.

But i've got another gf.....who i've been seeing for 6 months.

Oooops did i just say that

Still hard getting over my ex though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Idiot View Post
    Been a week last Monday i finished with my gf.

But i've got another gf.....who i've been seeing for 6 months.

Oooops did i just say that

Still hard getting over my ex though.
    Trying to show your AH level by saying you had 2 gfs at the same time? The topic is aboit nc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabella View Post
    Trying to show your AH level by saying you had 2 gfs at the same time? The topic is aboit nc.
    Not trying to show anything....this is just me and the way i talk on forums.

Ban me?

Not trying to show anything....this is just me and the way i talk on forums.

Ban me?
    Oh, ok. .

I keep getting set back because she will contact me so I have to start over. I still think about her all the damn time but it's been 4 days since we last spoke. She's already with another guy and, as horrible as it sounds, the guy texted me from her phone some details about their sex life. I have really horrid mental images but that's to be expected. My mind is eating itself alive but I'm slowly starting to accept it all and move on. Very difficult, though. I just don't get why I deserve any of this treatment when I treated her like gold and still have even after the breakup.

That's f**king evil shit mate.

Glad your getting over her. Harsh things like that though help a lot more in getting over someone.

That's f**king evil shit mate.

Glad your getting over her. Harsh things like that though help a lot more in getting over someone.
    Yeah. I agree. I, honestly, have no idea if I'm truly getting over her considering she is still plaguing my mind consistently. I have been nothing but polite and an overall gentleman to her before and after our relationship and, somehow, she still thinks it's deemed appropriate to be cold and very harsh to me. I don't understand it. She said she wanted to make completely sure to tie all the loose ends and to never have to come in contact with me again which is odd because she also sent me a Facebook friend request (which I denied) a few days before the whole texting incident. I don't get it. It keeps me from getting sleep sometimes and I find myself constantly sighing to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by flynhayn View Post
    Haha... come on man I thought you were holding it down already!
    Yeah I made a last ditch effort to get closure of some kind. I feel even worse now because her reason was the same as before "i want to be with you but I am not ready." But No contact for good this time!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    Yeah I made a last ditch effort to get closure of some kind. I feel even worse now because her reason was the same as before "i want to be with you but I am not ready." But No contact for good this time!
    It's worth the effort man

Quote Originally Posted by that one guy View Post
    I keep getting set back because she will contact me so I have to start over. I still think about her all the damn time but it's been 4 days since we last spoke. She's already with another guy and, as horrible as it sounds, the guy texted me from her phone some details about their sex life. I have really horrid mental images but that's to be expected. My mind is eating itself alive but I'm slowly starting to accept it all and move on. Very difficult, though. I just don't get why I deserve any of this treatment when I treated her like gold and still have even after the breakup.
    Been there too.... No matter how much I tried to break off any method of contacting me, I still heard from the ex or her new man. Just had to keep ignoring it.... eventually it will die off. No result is better than a crappy result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I like how you're supporting your thread, keep it up.

Tell us your story, I think I might stick around this thread a while.
    Haha... too bad you didn't see the very first post I put up when I joined.... it was a complete sob story about the whole situation. I've obviously come a long way since then

But long story short, I was dropped by a woman who was too scared to open up and be in a relationship with me. She had spent the last few years building up these emotional walls due to bad experiences and I guess meeting me threw a huge monkey wrench in her program. She did let her guard down with me for a few months but when things were about to get official, she took off and ran. Didn't want to talk about it at all... ignored my calls/texts, deleted me off of facebook, etc. After a few days I realized I had no chance of salvaging it... she made up her mind. So that's when the no contact started. Had a million unanswered questions in my head, VERY confused, felt betrayed, lied to, stuff like that. But no use waiting around for things to happen....

And yeah, I hope this thread can help people in any way.... Its cool seeing others put their situation up on here and talking about it. In the end we're all here to help each other out, right?

tremolo Guest
    This thread is making me wonder...

My ex was a lawyer, as is my best friend. It just so happens that my best friend - knowing I'm recently single - invited me to a Young Lawyers event in the city next month, which her new lawyer boyfriend and all his lawyer friends are going to. I really want to go, as I think it would be a great place to meet young single men, but I'm terrified that my ex might show up. I remember him being kind of flaky about events like that in the past. Sometimes he would plan to go, and then something more interesting would come up, so he wouldn't go. I've been debating whether or not it's a good idea to go with my friend and her entourage... I figured if he was there I'd have plenty of people to talk to so he wouldn't feel like I came there to see him or anything. But aside from the issue of whether or not he'd be there, or whether or not he'd be annoyed to see me there, I wonder if it would help or hurt me to see him again now that I have some distance from our relationship. I suppose it's probably still too early...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast