+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Contact = Success

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flynhayn View Post
    Are you still wanting to date lawyers? I've always wondered how much better of a place this world would be without lawyers. Haha.

Anyways, its definitely good to get out and start making yourself available again.... I guess if you go through with this event just be prepared with a plan of action if homeboy shows up.
    It's not that I want to date lawyers specifically... I am interested in dating guys with advanced degrees, since I have one myself. I just think it simplifies things to some extent, and I feel like we have more in common professionally... but no, there's nothing about lawyers in particular that attracts me.

Quote Originally Posted by that one guy View Post
    I wouldn't tell her. If she cared enough, she'll ask you. That's my opinion.
    Yups.... she has to be the one to involve herself. Just like she has to be the one to contact you if she ever hopes for reconciliation.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    It's not that I want to date lawyers specifically... I am interested in dating guys with advanced degrees, since I have one myself. I just think it simplifies things to some extent, and I feel like we have more in common professionally... but no, there's nothing about lawyers in particular that attracts me.
    I like where your head is at.... but I would definitely consider looking in another direction. Not because of my distaste for lawyers, but because of your experience with them. I'm sure it will feel a lot more exciting for you to meet people from different lifestyles than what you've been around already.

I think the advanced degree thing might be a bit harsh. There are many successful intelligent people who decided to go through trades, family businesses, or worked their way up from an entry level position into a professional one just by putting in time.

You're limiting yourself by thinking you're better than people who haven't decided to go to school for 6-8 years.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    I think the advanced degree thing might be a bit harsh. There are many successful intelligent people who decided to go through trades, family businesses, or worked their way up from an entry level position into a professional one just by putting in time.

You're limiting yourself by thinking you're better than people who haven't decided to go to school for 6-8 years.
    I'm not saying I'm *only* interested in dating guys with advanced degrees. I just feel that people who have them generally have an easier time fulfilling my intellectual needs, and are also more sympathetic to the stress I'm under at the moment, while I'm finishing my PhD.

I don't think I said *anywhere* that I think I'm better than anyone who didn't go to grad school. In fact, I think you put those words in my mouth.

I can not do it, iv tried to not contact him.. i really have, but then il break and just try and ring, or send a text. im so bad at this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heart beats View Post
    I can not do it, iv tried to not contact him.. i really have, but then il break and just try and ring, or send a text. im so bad at this!!
    It is very difficult, I know and I struggled a lot too but think of it this way: The more you apply no-contact, the faster you'll heal. Just keep working on yourself.

Day 5. . .

Day 6 for me.

tremolo Guest
    23 days... and I'm still mystified he hasn't come back to me. I can't believe how stupid he's being.

Day 3. Could/should be Day 8 as I forwarded her an email with a stupid pizza deal in it which she ignored but it counts as contact...

23 days... and I'm still mystified he hasn't come back to me. I can't believe how stupid he's being.
    Why are you mystified? he broke up with you, and if he meant it, then we won't come back.

23 days you should be looking completely forward, hurting, but accepted that the relationship is over. Remember, the only one responsible for your happiness is YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by senokotmax View Post
    Day 3. Could/should be Day 8 as I forwarded her an email with a stupid pizza deal in it which she ignored but it counts as contact...
    Why have you named yourself after a laxative?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Why have you named yourself after a laxative?
    Wanted to use a different username from my usual one for this forum and I had a packed of said laxatives sitting on my desk at the time. Seemed sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by senokotmax View Post
    Wanted to use a different username from my usual one for this forum and I had a packed of said laxatives sitting on my desk at the time. Seemed sensible.
    Ha! Not enough fibre?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast