+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: No Contact = Success

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Ha! Not enough fibre?
    Haha my diet has been attrocious since my breakup. Cheese left right and centre!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heart beats View Post
    I can not do it, iv tried to not contact him.. i really have, but then il break and just try and ring, or send a text. im so bad at this!!
    "It will never be easy, but will always be worth it."

Good quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Why are you mystified? he broke up with you, and if he meant it, then we won't come back.

23 days you should be looking completely forward, hurting, but accepted that the relationship is over. Remember, the only one responsible for your happiness is YOU.
    Haha.... it's all a part of the process. When you start making it further and further along, you also stop and amaze yourself at the simple fact of not hearing from the other person either. Even though it would be very detrimental if you did hear from them, It can still feel insulting when they don't say anything either. It's dumb.... gotta love the way human emotions work.

It's been approximately three days since my last contact with her. I fully expect her to contact me either today to wish me happy father's day or tomorrow to wonder why I had deleted her off my FB account. Should I just ignore any emails that come from her or respond in a very polite but brief way?

tremolo Guest
    Why are you mystified? he broke up with you, and if he meant it, then we won't come back.
    I'm mystified because he told me two weeks before he dumped me - over what really ought to have been a non-issue - that I was everything he wanted in a woman and couldn't imagine wanting to be with anyone else. I'm mystified because I honestly believe he made a decision that went against what he really wanted, simply because it was easier to break up than for him to sacrifice something for another person.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, given how unbelievably stubborn and self-centered he is - and yet I'm still amazed when the days go by and I don't hear from him.

However - I met someone absolutely wonderful last night. Someone I could never ever imagine being with longterm, but who, for the time being, has made it easy for me to forget my ex. So I doubt I'll be losing much sleep over the ex anymore...

tremolo Guest
    And I am SO glad I went no contact. It's the only way to retain some dignity when someone cuts you out of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    I'm mystified because he told me two weeks before he dumped me - over what really ought to have been a non-issue - that I was everything he wanted in a woman and couldn't imagine wanting to be with anyone else. I'm mystified because I honestly believe he made a decision that went against what he really wanted, simply because it was easier to break up than for him to sacrifice something for another person.

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, given how unbelievably stubborn and self-centered he is - and yet I'm still amazed when the days go by and I don't hear from him.

However - I met someone absolutely wonderful last night. Someone I could never ever imagine being with longterm, but who, for the time being, has made it easy for me to forget my ex. So I doubt I'll be losing much sleep over the ex anymore...
    This is very much like what my ex was saying to me two weeks before she broke it off which left me just thinking that she was taking the easy way out by running instead of putting the effort into the relationship. It definitely makes me scratch my head...

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    This is very much like what my ex was saying to me two weeks before she broke it off which left me just thinking that she was taking the easy way out by running instead of putting the effort into the relationship. It definitely makes me scratch my head...
    My ex said similar things, and when she broke up with me, she told me she she would call me in a couple of days to see how I was doing and so we could talk things out.

Never happened. Sometimes I wonder if they say "you're all I want" in order to try to convince themselves.

Day 6.

so i hit the 28 day mark today and have been feeling pretty great. then she texts me! said she missed me at her brothers wedding. was funny didnt even effect me. was able to text back saying glad the wedding went well and hope she is well. NC does really work, 3 weeks ago I would have rang her straight away asking for a chance back if she texted me. now i dont want to go back. they always know you have moved on i think, thats when they choose to text you!

Quote Originally Posted by irishgerry View Post
    so i hit the 28 day mark today and have been feeling pretty great. then she texts me! said she missed me at her brothers wedding. was funny didnt even effect me. was able to text back saying glad the wedding went well and hope she is well. NC does really work, 3 weeks ago I would have rang her straight away asking for a chance back if she texted me. now i dont want to go back. they always know you have moved on i think, thats when they choose to text you!
    I am envious.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    It's been approximately three days since my last contact with her. I fully expect her to contact me either today to wish me happy father's day or tomorrow to wonder why I had deleted her off my FB account. Should I just ignore any emails that come from her or respond in a very polite but brief way?

Don't expect anything..... in fact, you should probably expect her NOT to contact you. Assuming she is going to contact you will only piss you off more when it doesn't happen, and you might end up giving in to the frustration.

If she does contact you, I wouldn't respond. No contact means no contact.... even if it's just a "thank you" or whatever.

I am envious.
    Just put in the time man.... he's on day 28, you're on day 6... it will happen. Took me 83 days.

No Contact is such an important element to recovery !

I'm getting over my ex, And it feels good ! No Contact works.

Quote Originally Posted by flynhayn View Post
    Don't expect anything..... in fact, you should probably expect her NOT to contact you. Assuming she is going to contact you will only piss you off more when it doesn't happen, and you might end up giving in to the frustration.
    Very good point. I hadn't thought of that but you're totally right.

HAHAHA today is 1 month. or i think a bit more.. i cant even remember what her voice sounds like. Holy Shit. Still think about her everyday though but the pain is getting easier.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast