+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i "try" to be friend or move on?

should i "try" to be friend or move on?

My ex bf and I were together almost a year last year and so we were on and off again for awhile, then he had gotten another woman pregnant when we were having our ups and downs. Soon after that he leaves for iraq, and he was gone for about 9 months and so within the time he was gone we talked alot i sent pics and also did webcam from time to time. So during that time is when he told me the "girl" was pregnant. He kept saying he wanted to be with me when he comes home etc i already knew the girl he was with was only a one time thing. So he came home this month and we were still physically together, but wasnt in a relationship. He took me on a date and that was about it, a few days later his baby was born. By then he was ignoring me alot but i i figured hey just let him be he has a new baby he will still think of you. But he wasnt putting much effort in to us but i kepy trying to be there for him all the while hoping he would commt to me. But he left today again for iraq i hadnt talked to him alot that week so i wanted to tell him bye but we were already rocky since he had been home. And so i had lost his number so then i texted his guy bf's and he told me he was still here and that they would stop by. And so my ex came over with the baby!!! i was sooo surprised but i kept my cool the entire time and so we said our goodbyes and he gave me the "friendly" pat on the back hug then we went our seperate ways........Immidately after he drove off i went in the house and just sobbed.....i was really hit with the reality that his daughter comes first and also confused as to what his status was with the mothers of his child he told me dosent care about her but its so hard for me to believe. And so he texted me about 10 min later and asked if i was okay? i repied and said "yes i will be okay!" and so that was it.................im so confused i mean this has really hurt me my friend says that he's playing on my emotions and that he brought the baby over just to see my reaction? i dont understand why would someone do that maybe im just navie but i dont think so he had his daughter for the day because he was leaving within 24 hrs back to iraq. i was really down but i am starting to get over it slowly but for sure! i have my days tho only time will tell.....
    Last edited by ladycb5988; 17-06-11 at 02:39 PM.

"Try to be his friend?" You deserve more than that.

Cut all contact and move on.

I wouldn't allow a friend to treat me that way. Move along and x amount of time from now you will look back and thank yourself.

anyone who treats you that way doesn't deserve you. people will treat you the way you allow them to treat you

move on. you deserve better. never ever settle

I only ever believe salvaging a friendship is worth it if you were friends before you dated, and even then most of the time it isn't. . .