+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he leading me on?

Is he leading me on?

I've been good friends with this guy for a little over a year.

When we first met, there was a lot of chemistry but i was just coming out of a relationship. Before I knew it, he got a girlfriend. over that period of time we remained close friends. Though my feelings for him vanished.

about a month ago they broke up. He said he's over her, but he is 100% not over her.
    he got really drunk and me being a good friend, i took care of him and talked to him and tried to make him feel better, that actually bought me closer to him.

After that he's been talking to me every night, he's been saying suggestive things like "do you wana go out with me then ?" or telling me so and so think theres something going on between us (then denying it). He asked me to hang out etc, he came over late at night. we just talked and talked and talked, a lot about how to get over his ex. he's a well thought after guy I guess, he get a lot of girls and girls likes him. but he's an honest, kind and caring person.

as his friend i'd be there to help him. but feelingwise, i'm a little confused. I don't know how he feels towards me, all i know is that i don't want to get involved (if thats how it spans out) when he's not over his ex.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seems like he's unsure whether or not to ask you out.

He's going through an emotional time. He failed at his relationship, feeling rejected, ego hurt and I'm guessing questioning his manhood. He's leaning on you real hard to regain some confidence back by flirting with you.....it's all for the wrong reasons right now because he is on the rebound. If you jump into a relationship with him, he's just gonna look at it as FWB. So just hold off and let him clear his head.

My situation is nearly the same as yours , rebound. I'm a guy and there's my best friend ( girl ) and his boyfriend. She loved me, broke up with her bf to be with me. And now she's back to her ex-bf and my heart is broken. keep a distance from him for a while to see if he is over his ex-gf. After that consider your feeling with him and tell him the answer

Yes, rebound relationship.. I suggest you back off from being his emotional tampon for a while and let him process his breakup on his own so that when he comes through the other side of his pain, he'll view you differently (more seriously) than he will if you hook up now while he's still hurting. Google "Rebound Relationship" and educate yourself about the dynamic.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Here is the most important part of your post:
    Though my feelings for him vanished.
    If you do not have feelings for him, then don't worry about it. Don't go out with him. Find someone you are your interested in.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!