+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex thinks I am crazy...but friends say I am not?? WTH!

Ex thinks I am crazy...but friends say I am not?? WTH!

Sorry if this is long, but I want an honest opinion so I need to spell it all out:

Dated for 2 years and I have 2 kids..one who is 4 so pretty much considers ex like a dad. Ex and I were fighting on and off last few months and after a big one he says he wants to move out. He stays while looking for a place and we hook up occassionally (I know) then a week after break-up he meets a girl, goes on date and sleeps with her. He now claims he is in love with her..ect. While I did not know they slept with each other until following week after he was still with me. This lead to big fight with me wanting him off my phone line so I took his cell to force him to go down to store to remove it...he grabs car handle, rips it off (not sure if on purpose or just cheap handle)...so I toss cell out window in retaliation. Needless to say we were both bad. Not proud of it, but it was a very emotional night and my temper got the best of me.

So next night he doesn't come home, and I change locks. Get a call from his friend the following day (Friday) he is trying to get stuff (he changed his number that morning and didn't want to call me)..so I let him in and him and friend toss stuff in a u-haul. I even give them a beer and try to be nice. After agreeing to come back later for his gun safe they leave and I realize they left all his work clothes ect..

So Sat I go to drop kids at sitter and as I pass the local u-haul place on the way there is his bright yellow car and his GF. So I shoot her a text to tell Jon I wont be home til late to get his stuff (since I dont have his phone #)..she never responds so I assume he gets message. Next thing I know is he is accussing me of trying to get money from his bank account (I don't even know the account number) and stealing some of his silver out of his safe (didn't even know safe number). So he goes to cops on Saterday and tells them that I am keeping his stuff and about me trying to get his money..and that I am stalking him...they say domestic dispute. In the mean time, after work I stop by station to talk to them and as I am leaving he pulls in..he accusses me of following him. (SWEAR TO GOD..I did not..I thought he had been there and gone and besides I was there before him) Guy drives a bright ass yellow car so it is hard to miss. Hell, I found out where his GF lives bc I went to pick up kids from babysiter on base and my daughter says "hey, isn't that _____ car?" I wish he drove a less noticable car so I could pass him without going "oh there is so and so".

So we agree he will come by on Sat afternoon to get stuff..then I get call from cops saying that he is saying I am not giving stuff. Never shows Sat and his buddy said he was supposed to pick him up to show but did not. Sunday he shows in afternoon and grabs some more stuff, but not all. I ask him to grab all and he says no, maybe I can toss it. After dealing with cops I said "then put it in writting" and he says "nope". So he leaves and I am pissed to still have 4 bags of his stuff in my house..so I drive it a mile (yes a measly mile) down the road to his new place and deliver it. He demands to know how I know where he lives (it's called the piece of paper you left on the washer with the address..dummy). I say doesn't matter here is your stuff and leave. I shoot him e-mail stating he has 7 days to get gun safe out.

So Monday his buddy calls me to tell me he went to cops because I "am stalking him"? I guess bc we passed on the road a few times that weekend and I told him I saw him w/ his new girlfriend that is stalking..I was just being honest. (Keep in mind he moved a mile away..not exactly far to not run into each other.) He was aslo telling people at the bar I stole his house key.. (he gave me a set of keys back on Friday for our place..not sure if one of them is to his house or not b/c they are still in the kitchen where I left them.) Anyhow, they tell him domestic issues and I haven't done anything.

So then Tuesday his buddy tells me he is going to see a lawyer since the police wont do anything..mind you I have not contacted him other than to tell him to get stuff out once in an e-mail and after Saterday with the cops I didn't ever txt her again even thought she never once asked me to not text her to give him message.

So Wed he calls and asks if I got e-mail..I say nope, cause work e-mail is down. He says he will e-mail personal e-mail to tell me the safe is mine and anything he left is mine. Doesn't address the dog he put thousands into. Well I decided last night that the dog has got to go...love her and will miss her, but with 2 kids a large 9 month old puppy is too much and I am never home. So I send him 1 last e-mail saying cool about safe, but I am getting rid of dog, do you have any interest. (We had agreed when we first broke up if one of us got rid of her we would let other person have chance to keep her first.) He e-mails back that he has no desire to have or see her and to never contact him again or stop by his place. (I only went there once to give him the last of his stuff).

I am okay with the no contact as we have finally divided everything...but why is he acting like I did something wrong? Why was he trying to get a restraining order when I have never followed him (once again, I have seen him around in passing, but never stopped to say hi or anything...hell, I wanted to go to a local bar on Tues and saw his car when I pulled in so I left.) I only ever contacted him to cover my butt so he couldn't go to the cops or anything. Even his friend said he is acting bizzare (I guess they were at the bar and the waitress has the same name as me and his buddy kept calling her name and he got pissed off..) He is telling people I am nuts and was trying to seduce him while he was still living there but that he resisted. (Yes, I did kinda put myself out there becaue I was upset and wanted to work things out, but he was deff a willing partner and did not resist.)

I am just baffled by the whole thing how in 2 weeks we go from being in a relationship of 2 years to him being parinoid or acting parinoid and telling all these lies and going to the police and a lawyer... I am compleatly at a loss and totally confused by this behavior. I am okay with this being over now, expesially with his behavior, but I am having a hard time with closure because of his behavior. I mean I did what he asked about the dog and felt like I was commiting a murder by his response..Geesh!
    Last edited by jnr1005; 18-06-11 at 02:35 AM.

Ex's never know what they're talking about, hun!

Who cares now? It's over so let it be over.

i will suggest that you really get to know the next guy you become involved with before you introduce them to your children. It's kinda hard on them seeing that kind of thing go on and I'm thinking it's better on them emotionally and for their own relationship futures that they don't get attached to to many "dads" while they're growing up.

Forget crazy guy and concentrate on your kids for a while. I'm sure they're wondering WTF just happened to their happy home...

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like a typical long-term breakup to me. They suck.