+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean if a girl asks you if another girl is pretty?

What does it mean if a girl asks you if another girl is pretty?

Hi, first time posting here. I'm an 18 year old college student , well, a pre-university student actually, and there's this girl in the same class as me. I'm interested in her and I think she likes me too, but I have no idea right now.

One day, we were with a bunch of friends (guys and girls) and she asked me and another guy if guys liked girls who are "attractive at first sight or girls who get more and more attractive when you get to know them better". This was a question this group of girls had been talking about, and I may have misquoted slightly. Anyway, onto the point. I told her that I liked the latter (yeah, i'm a wuss :p) while the other guys said the former.

Fast forward to an MSN chat one night. She said one of our classmates was pretty, and asked me if it's ture. It was kind of out of the blue, I didn't really know how to respond. Well, she was quite pretty, and I said something like "Well, yeah, I'm sure some guys like that".

The other day, she kinda did the same thing but in real life, saying one of our lecturers is pretty (she's a young lecturer, btw) and asking me if i thought so too.

My point is, what does it mean when a girl asks you that kind of question? Does she like me? Did I respond appropriately? I hope she doesn't think I'm gay or anything :/

If i was to ask that, its cause im curious as to what the guy likes, and what he is attracted to, so that maybe i could improve myself to suit them.

Just a simple question if the guy has the same opinion as her? :-).

Maybe she is sussing out your reaction if she likes you?. If you like her you are obviously not going to go overboard complimenting another woman.

Tbh, she may be asking you in the hope that you say.. 'shes not my type' which therefore will please her(if she likes you).

If a girl kept on asking me what I thought of other girls ... I would tell her to stop and get a grip, because:

1) it'd be annoying
    2) it'd either be a test, or;
    3) a sure sign of insecurity

At the same time, you could try and put an end to it: the next time she asks you that question tell her "the only girl I'm interested in right now is you" ... that is assuming that you are interested in her?
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...