+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anxiety problems; confused if my girlfriend flirting or not.

Anxiety problems; confused if my girlfriend flirting or not.

Well to start off lets have a brief backround about myself. When i was in Highhschool we can say that i was an introvert. most of my friends that i hung out with was not really my friends. They were the friends who would leave you after graduation.Some of my friends in highschool i hung out with only because they were cool. Even though i had a father i was emotionally deprived;He was never really there. my emotional needs were deprived.

fast forward to 2 yrs i have this girlfriend and im getting alot of relationship problems. I think its me whose the problem because I become TOO ATTACHED,TOO ANXIOUS,TOO JEALOUS . We can say that this is because of my emotional deprivation . My girlfriend is a nice girl.. shes the one who attends every sunday mass and doesnt have any vices such as alchohol or smoking; shes the innocent one who will close her eyes when violence is portrayed on the screen but theres this particular characteristic of my girlfriend that i cannot fathom. When people talk or connect with her i think she is too "FRIENDLY" that guys are getting mix signals that she is flirting. So because of her "FRIENDLY" attitute guys who like her probably get wrong signals that she is flirting ; provoking them and making them believe that they can flirt.

Like i sometimes see her when she talks to these guys like when she talks to her "guy" friends she sometimes act cute or shy. (i dont know if she talks to other people like that) but when she talked to this particular guy that looks good she kinda acted like she was interested.

I dont know if she was really flirting. probably she is flirting indirectly or unconsiously but i sometimes get anxious over her actions on "BEING TOO FRIENDLY"

also my girl has lots of guy friends. like she had a bestfriend which is a guy but didnt develop an intimate relationship with him. but this guy was like "i miss you bestiee butts", "lets have a skype date soon"------should i get worried?

Sometimes i get too attached to her. like when she doesnt reply for over 30 munites i sometimes get mad at her. I think its because i lack confidence and im emotionaly deprived.

What are youre thoughts on these guys? thank you for reading i appreciate it
    Last edited by gabriel_uy29; 19-06-11 at 04:00 PM.

It sounds like you think of your girlfriend very positively. It would be terrible if you lost a great person over these issues. You're the only one that will be able to determine if your girlfriend is trustworthy, but if you think she should be trusted then you should work on it. You can overcome it if you want to. Definitely, don't sweat the small stuff.

i mean how should i trust her? when i think about it she is trust worthy, but come the time she did something conspicuous i sometimes over react and drown with anxiety.sometimes its just my imagination and i over react to things .its just that sometimes i cannot control myself, particularly my mind from squandering and delve into irrational thinking. so im doing what you said right now and not sweating the small stuff because just now she didnt reply or informed me for 5 hours because she was busy swimming.