+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this a date?

Is this a date?

Hello all. I dont think I have ever been asked out before, so I have no idea if this is a date or not.

There was a girl in my class last semester. Very pretty. We didn't talk much because we sat on other sides of the room. She was also quiet in the class setting, but when she spoke she seemed nice.

I hadn't seen her since December, until a Friday night in early May at the bar. I don't drink and she knows that, even so, when she saw me she came running over, "Maaaarkk!!" I got a kiss, and we held each others hands while talking. She wasn't very drunk, and her friend was totally fine. Before she leaves she gives me her number and tells me to call her Saturday night to go out to another bar together.

Just to make sure, I say, "You're gonna remember giving me your number, right?" And she looks me straight in the eye and says, "Yes. i'm not like that, I'll remember."

Even so, I'm like, "okay whatever, she's drunk, she probably doesn't really mean it." But I text her Saturday anyways to see if she wants to go.

She replies, "Hey I have plans tonight, but what are you doing for dinner?"

So from there we've been texting. She's back home for the summer, but we are still trying to get a time for dinner.

Very excited, but I find a few things interesting.

-Girl asking a guy to dinner?
    -We hardly ever talked during class and now she wants to hang?

So, a good situation! But I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Is it a date?

I've also been told I will find out within 15 minutes whether it is a date or not, based on her behavior.

All thoughts are appreciated!

Sounds like you'll find out when you get there.

She obivously likes you enough to spend time with you one-on-one ... and considering you aren't really 'friends' then there must be an interest on her behalf.

Do you liker her? Do you find her attractive? Do you want it to be a date?

Take some flowers just in case ... always a nice gesture and you can ever say something along the lines of "well, not sure if this is strictly a date or not, but I thought it'd be nice to get you a little something" ... she may well come straight out and reveal whether her plan was or was not a 'date' so to speak.

Just go with it, and enjoy your evening. If she has a good enough time, she'll more than likely want another 'date'.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Take some flowers just in case ...
    Way too much on the first date. Everything else you said is true.

I'm not the flower type, haha, but the rest helps, thank you!

And yes, I'd like it to be a date. She is beautiful. One of the reasons I am wondering if its a date or not is because she is 2893479234x better looking than me.

Anyone else?

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    I'm not the flower type, haha, but the rest helps, thank you!

And yes, I'd like it to be a date. She is beautiful. One of the reasons I am wondering if its a date or not is because she is 2893479234x better looking than me.
    You are adorable. It sounds like she's into you! Try not to overthink it... have dinner with her, enjoy her company, and hope for a second date. But yes, it sounds like a date to me.

Im beginning to think this is a date, and Im very excited!

I think its a date. Sounds like she's interested in you. GL!

Wait, you've been texting her since early May and you haven't been out to dinner yet? Why?! She wants to hang out with you. Make it happen. It is a "date" in the sense that it's two people getting together to try to get to know one another. Just run with it.

And then come back and tell us how it went.

Well, the reason we haven't met up yet is because, although we go to school in the same city, she is home for the summer, which is 2 hours away. So we are trying to find a weekend that works for both of us when she is up here. I don't think its reasonable to ask her to come up JUST to get dinner (she lives 2.5 hours away), but if she's in town visiting her friends, then that would work, IMO.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought "home" was where you are now. What about you going to where she is? Make up a reason you need to go there and see if she wants to meet up then.

Well I texted her today just to see how she was doing, and we texted back and forth for about an hour. She said next time she is in town she "would love" to get together.

In the meantime, should I text her on occasion just to say hello, or let things go until we meet up?

any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
    In the meantime, should I text her on occasion just to say hello
    Yes. You don't want her to forget about you or think you're not interested anymore. Just don't smother her at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast