+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Metaphysics

Metaphysics

Who here practices this? Metaphysics. How did you come across Metaphysics. Why did you start reading about it? What got you hooked into it? I just lost a relationship partly over the fact that I didn't show much interest in this, and the crazy girl really wants to have a partner that can understand where she is coming from on this Metaphysics way of life. anybody have anything to share on this topic?
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL...... um, no.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seMgEls_slw

read the Tao? (see title) or take a meditation class.....
    Last edited by surgarmuffin24; 20-06-11 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by surgarmuffin24 View Post
    read the Tao? (see title) or take a meditation class.....
    I attended a class with my former lady friend, aka girlfriend in the making. I got some overview. I wanted to see if anybody here practiced or was into reading about, and what they got out of it. It has to do with Karma, rebirths, darma, etc. Mediation is part of it, as well as positive affirmations. The woman who I just had a fallout is into it, I didn't realized it that she was that into it.
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Can you give us some examples of metaphysical studies? I suspect it's a new word for something I did 20 years ago, but I want to be sure.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I have read The Secret which is a very basic introduction into abundance mentality and the dogma that you get back from the universe what you put out to it. So keeping positive thoughts and visualizations of what you want in your life actually helps you to do the work that will bring those things to you. Positive affirmations can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Other than that, I don't know much about it. Have you read "The Secret," Survivor?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

WTF? Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy, how can that be related to... rebirths, or karma?? And how could someone "practice it"?? It's philosophy, not a sport!

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    WTF? Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy, how can that be related to... rebirths, or karma?? And how could someone "practice it"?? It's philosophy, not a sport!
    I have a friend who goes to a type of church that practices the philosophy. They have sermons, meditations, believe it or not a photo of Oprah Winfrey (amongst others who are of a giving and positive mind set) on their walls. They discuss and send positive vibes out to the Universe. True story.

About rebirths *shrugs*.. as it relates to Karma I can understand because what you put out into the Universe you are destined to receive back.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion