+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did my narcissist ex-boyfriend doesn't come pick his stuff?

Why did my narcissist ex-boyfriend doesn't come pick his stuff?

He broke up with me because I wanted more commitment.
    He wanted us to be friends and I refused.
    Since then, I want his to pick up his shiz but even if we fix dates and time, he never shows up..
    Why? What is this little game he's playing?

Because it's a game that feeds his narcissism. Everytime you call him, you boost his ego when he knows you're thinking about him. Don't play his game anymore. Call a lawyer and ask the lawyer what you can do with his shit without getting yourself into trouble. Then, ask the lawyer to be in contact with him for the pick up of his things.

End the insanity by being serious about ending it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

what does he do to make you think he he is narcissistic?

Well missquinn86, because he needed a lot of praise, it was all about him, my needs made him fade out, he loved to be the center of attention and was annoyed (or wanted to leave the place) when others were more popular than him, funnier, etc..

and oh... he lacked empathy..

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine suki View Post
    Well missquinn86, because he needed a lot of praise, it was all about him, my needs made him fade out, he loved to be the center of attention and was annoyed (or wanted to leave the place) when others were more popular than him, funnier, etc..
    Narcissists don't actually like to be the centre of attention and if he was a narcissist he would want you , need you to love him and say nice things to him but he walked away from that. You offered him commitment which he would have wanted as it allows him to control you, friends doesn't.

Sounds like he just can't be arsed to pick up his stuff, maybe he's busy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    Narcissists don't actually like to be the centre of attention and if he was a narcissist he would want you , need you to love him and say nice things to him but he walked away from that. You offered him commitment which he would have wanted as it allows him to control you, friends doesn't.

Sounds like he just can't be arsed to pick up his stuff, maybe he's busy
    Can you cite your source for that info, Horseguy. This is one characteristic of a Narcissist:
    •Striving for Attention: Narcissists Fuel their self confidence by the complements they receive, by being in the center of attention and by knowing that people are talking about their superior talents. Without these sources of supply (called the narcissistic supply sources) the narcissist feels worthless and may even become depressed.
    Source: [url=http://www.2knowmyself.com/Pathological_Narcissism_definition/narcissism_symptoms_narcissistic_what_is_narcissis m]The Narcissist, the Over Confident and the Inferior | 2KnowMySelf[/url]

If she remains his friend... then he can still use her for a narcissistic supply source.

Of course no one can diagnose him just off of what OP has shared.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-06-11 at 11:53 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion