View Poll Results: If you love someone, should you tell them no matter what the cost?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

2 40.00%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In love with my second cousin since the age of 10 - Going to spend time with her soon

D

Deleted. = )
    Last edited by Natural_PUA; 22-06-11 at 02:21 AM.

Are you using the term second cousin accurately? This means that all you have in common is a great-grandparent and you are from the same generation in the family. If that's right, then it's legal for you to get married anywhere in the U.S.

However, that doesn't make this a good idea. It's unlikely that anybody in the family will be happy about you two as a couple. And even if she is fond of you, she might be completely disgusted by the idea of a romantic and intimate relationship with a relative, even a distant relative, because that's how most Americans feel about it.

More importantly, it sounds like you don't really even know her if you haven't had contact since she was 13 years old. People change a lot during their teenage years, and she will continue to go through major changes in her 20s.

Why don't you try to date normal women instead? You just got out of a relationship that lasted a year, so you seem capable of dating normally. The emotional detachment thing might be indicative of an issue that you should seek therapy for, especially before you start dating again.

For what it's worth, I have felt an attraction to some of my female cousins in the past. I just happen to come from a large extended family that includes quite a few attractive people. But there are a lot more attractive women that are outside my family circle than it, so it's really just easier and more accepted if I date women who aren't my relatives.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Deleted. = )
    Last edited by Natural_PUA; 22-06-11 at 02:08 AM.

How old are you, and how old is she?

Deleted. = )

She's about 4 years younger than you, then. So when you were ten, you were in love with a 6 year old?

Deleted. = )

Quote Originally Posted by Natural_PUA View Post
    the age difference is less and I don't appreciate you twisting my hand for more info.
    Twisting your hand? I asked questions that I felt were relevant and you freely answered them (sort of.) You asked for advice and you left out relevant information. That you're getting defensive about the age difference indicates that you don't exactly feel it's completely fine. If you've got a guilty conscience about the age thing, then why are you still thinking of pursuing this?

p.s.- MerryH, no further responses from you would be preferable, thanks
    I'd prefer it if you didn't try to get with your barely-legal cousin, thanks.

Deleted. = )

I was a bit reactive, partly because I know people like you and the way you think. You feel that age was relevant? You'd prefer for ME not to get with my "barely-legal" cousin? You're so ignorant it's sad, lets see, you're around 30 years of age but less than 40, you're likely of a christian faith and you haven't thought for yourself since you were born. You can just go to hell since you created it. Oh, and don't get it twisted, I'm smiling as I type this, there are so many like you that I long ago stopped caring what you think...even telling you what I think is, in retrospect, a waste of my time so peace and god bless (just kidding, screw your god especially)
    Nice. But no, you're pretty off-base here. Good job trying to hurt someone's feelings over the internet, I guess.

And yes, age is relevant, because in the case of incest (or whatever you'd prefer to call it), the power dynamic comes into play. If you're older, she might see you in some kind of position of authority. And come on, you mentioned some very young ages in your OP. You really think no one should question that?

All of these cousin-banging threads turn out the same way. The OP always gets super defensive and angry when anyone dares question their intentions or the morality of getting together with a family member.

What do you expect to get out of this thread? Nobody had even come in here yet to tell you how wrong they think it is to date your cousin and yet you jump on the first chance you get to challenge someone over some questions that were asked. Are you just trying to fight with strangers on the internet?

Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in some guy who calls himself a "pick-up artist" (someone stupid enough to actually believe that bullshit) coming to a love advice forum to ask how to attract his second cousin?

No, you're not.

OP, just drop some negs on your cousin. Just how hot is she, btw? Is she at least an HB7? Have you peacocked yet?

ok. that was kind of funny Merry. Mystery method isn't the only form of pick-up. I like to consult people who know more than me when making an important decision, if that is funny to you guys, then you're only proving what I already assumed to be true.

tremolo Guest
    . I like to consult people who know more than me when making an important decision.
    Um... are you still talking about PUAs? All they do is teach you how to do is have one night stands with easy, insecure women.

no, I was talking about posting to this forum. I've never consulted a pua but there again, I don't think it would be a bad idea. also, it's not good to generalize about something you know nothing about, it makes you come off as ignorant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast