+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I make the right choice?

Did I make the right choice?

This is my first post so if someone could help with this problem please and thank you =]. Well 4months ago i met this girl we started off as really good friends, then after a month we decided to start dating. We had a lot of fun as friends but once we started dating it's like everything went downhill, we started arguing like everyday( most of them was because of her not my fault). We argued because i got tired of her talking about her ex all the talk about how she still thinks about him etc...(yes she got out of the relationship with her ex 2months before she dated me). After i finally helped her stop talking about her ex she starts talking about this other guy(lets call him X), i put up with it because i loved her and didn't really have reason enough to break up with her.

About 3months into the relationship i noticed she started blowing me off and her continuously talking about this guy was beginning to get on my nerves. We had a few intense arguments about it, I wanted to find out if she was cheating on me so I on purpose started an argument with her, she is always complaining about one problem or the other so I told her to "STFU". Well she got pisses i felt bad for saying it i admit but the she said this "X is the only person who has never hurt me, i hate you". That was the last of it for me i got pissed and left she was begging for me to talk to her but I was so pissed i didn't. I talked to her the next day when things cooled off i accepted her apology( I apologized for saying stfu), after what had happened i could say in my mind that she was cheating on me she even blew me off to go the the movies with him. She texted me while she was at the movies on her "date" of course i didn't respond she came home 12mid night and had given me a long apology blah blah bs, I was going to break up with her, we promised to be truthful to each other yet there she was lying and stabbing me in the back for some other guy. I still loved her and couldn't find it in myself to break up with her because i didn't want to hurt her again as her previous bf had left her.

I decided to see how long she would continue to lie to me, it continued for 2 weeks after that I decided to asked her if she was seeing someone else she avoided the question, i took that as a yes i said a lot of horrible things to her which i still don't regret.
    I trusted her and she betrayed me, I went no contact right away but because i still loved her i would respond every three days, I got the ans. i needed by responding those days ans. i didn't like turns out she was dating the other guy before she was with me that's 4moths of back stabbing. She seemed to stop caring after a while i ignored her completely went cold and silent and then when i was starting to forget about her she messages me and then apologized blah blah for what she did blah blah how sorry she was etc... of course i didn't think she meant it but somewhere deep down in me did and that apology has now made it hard for me to let go of her.

I found it hard to go into no contact after that but i am now on 9th day of no contact we haven't spoken since. I deleted her number, off my messenger and my facebook cause her status updates where hurting me...(in the 4months while she was with me and the other guy she only had sex with me and not him so that's a plus i guess). She seems to still have feeling for me, my question is did i make the right choice deleting her i only did it cause i needed time to get over her or did i just ruin my chances of even be friends with her?

i think u did the right thing u deserve better then that and if she stabed u in the back when she was suppost to love u just imagine what she will do in a friendship

Thanks for replying i also think i made the right choice I was beginning to let go of her by thinking of her as a heartless person i went cold and it was easy for me, until she decided to email me and apologize that made me feel some guilt. I still can't believe she did what she did, i'm staying single less drama, less bs.