+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more female friends then male friends.

more female friends then male friends.

I just took a hard look at my circle of friends and I noticed that I have more close women friends then I do male friends. When I mean women friends I mean just that just friends no sexual attaction what so ever it is more like a sister/brother type thing. If they have a SO or I do out of respect for them I won't go over and spend time with them alone but keep it to a group of friends until the SO's get comfortable enough with the idea. I also don't make it a habit to go out and actively go find women to end up being friends with.
    What do you women think about a guy who does have more female friends then male friends?

I think you mean you have more female acquaintances than female friends. If you don't hang out with them because they have a boyfriend, well, that's not really a friendship, IMO. It also sounds suspicious when your "friendship" instantly dissolves when a girl gets a boyfriend.

Not really desolves but I take a step back from it if it seems like an SO tends to get jealous. My ex didnt like it when I hung out with single women in their apartment in the beginning of the relationship so I cut back on doing that until later on but we would all hang out doing group things. We would still talk all the time meet up at like the coffee shop and what not but I would respect my ex's wishes. Later on the road when she saw how they were and she trusted us more then it was ok. Or if say one of their boyfriends are kinda nervous that I go over I chill for a bit. This one dude was worried about me trying to put moves on her. Now they are married and I was in the wedding party. Really good friends with both of them now I stlll have a tendency to talk to her more and hang out with her more.

What if she was hanging out with a bunch of single guys? What if these guys were black and had large cocks?

If the girl I'm going for has a bunch of single guy friends who want to be more then friends with her I tread carefully most of them time though they usually are not a threat. and just rofl

Why would they want to be more than friends?

If they are interested in her but too pussy to man up or got stuck in the frends zone

How do you know they are interested in her?

.... really? By how they act around her. When people are interested in somebody even if they don't try to get with her they still show signs.

These were rhetorical questions.

I know I'm killing time while trying to find something to watch besides I figure if the reply count gets high enough might get an actual response on what a women thinks about it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly, I think a guy who has more female friends than male is either gay, is trying to manipulate one of the girls into falling in love with him, or is socially inept with males.

I always worry when a person isn't able to connect with their own gender.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I think you mean you have more female acquaintances than female friends. If you don't hang out with them because they have a boyfriend, well, that's not really a friendship, IMO. It also sounds suspicious when your "friendship" instantly dissolves when a girl gets a boyfriend.
    Before my hubby and I got together I definitely had more guy friends than gal friends. Women quite often irritate me. When hubby and I got together about 1/2 my guy friends took quite a step back. Then when I fell pregnant, another chunk took a step back. By the time my son was born I had lost about 95% of my male friends. That is when I decided to believe the guys and girls can't be friends spiel from When Harry Met Sally.

Now I have about a 50 / 50 split of both genders, but spend a lot more time being acquaintances before calling someone a friend.

I wouldn't date a guy who all his friends were female. For me its like a huge red flag

My spilit like 40% male / 60% female. These are the people that I trust for advice, we all go out together, plan trips and what not, knew each other for pretty much forever. I know its not an extreme gap but it's enough for me to ask lol. Now if I include acquaintances and my party accomplices, the split changes from 40/60 to about 70/30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast