+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this quote mean?

What does this quote mean?

What does this Quote mean?
    In the words of Niall Ferguson,"Its NOT the fault of the mirror if it reflects our blemishes as clearly as our beauty"...And what does it mean if a Guy says this to you?

do you blame other people for things that happen to you?
    You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want

That's a pretty loaded qoute if you ask me and pulling it from a book about the history of finance. Without a backdrop of how it came out it really just sounds like he has a problem with something your doing or something about you he sees and was just being an asshat on how he was pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SalutemyFancy View Post
    What does this Quote mean?
    In the words of Niall Ferguson,"Its NOT the fault of the mirror if it reflects our blemishes as clearly as our beauty"...And what does it mean if a Guy says this to you?
    It means it's time you asked him to quit speaking to you in the words of another and to just let you know in HIS own words what he wants to say. He sounds like quite the pompous little biscuit, does he talk that way often?

The quote itself means that you have to be aware of your flaws along with your atributes. To do otherwise is portraying yourself as perfect and or conceited and don't blame him if he holds up the mirror to you that points out said flaws or blemishes.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 23-06-11 at 03:47 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

he said to me:We must have an mutual agreement and understanding to call each other on our mistakes ; faults and errors!! It is our duty as friends to correct each other and ourselves, with humility, when we are wrong!! To hold ourselves to less would be diminishing!! We would only be betraying ourselves, for we must behave in accordance with who we want to be!!

He has also been distant with me and told me he takes major breaks because he feels people are disengaged.(DONT know if that was indirected towards me or NOT)...then he says at the end of the day I have the utmost respect for you doing what you do.
    Perhaps he thinks Im protraying myself to be a ''PERFECT'' girl!!!

Is dude a speech writer? He's taking the break and he says "people are disengaged" while he's the one disengaging?

I'd be glad he has disengaged actually. You should consider not returning his call when he comes back from whatever plain he's gone to.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion