+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think my boyfriend has a crush on a male celebrity-Im freaked out

I think my boyfriend has a crush on a male celebrity-Im freaked out

Why do I think my boyfriend likes him? this celebrity has his own show and each week my boyfriend has to watch it, he says things like

"Oh Peter on tonight!"

He calls the celebrity by his first name all the time. Something I find very strange. My boyfriend also admitted to me in the past he drove by this celebrity house twice and has spoken to his mum. Does that sound normal too you?

I asked my boyfriend several times if he fancied him. I always got back an no and he says he idolise him and he thinks his a great family man and finds his show really funny.

I don't know I am just freaked out by it. I have this gut feeling and it will not go away...most people who like this man are female fans, not a grown straight man.

What's wrong with your BF looking up to and admiring another man? He's not thinking about having sex with the guy, but I bet he would like to be just like him.

My BF always talks about how hot Brad Pitt is in Troy. At first I thought it was weird but meh don't care anymore.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I wouldnt worry about it, alot of men do it my boyfriend is obsessed with the lead guy who plays on " Monk".

I have a small obsession with Sir Patrick Stewart ... but more in the sense that I wish he was my dad.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    MY bf is obsessed with BArney from HIMYM ..
    I wazzzz here

I always go on about other men. Men admire other men.

Actually given the choice I usually prefer looking at men and male physiques, than women - frankly I think they're the more aesthetic gender. But it's not sexual.

it is not that weird to have a celebrity crush, even a same-sex one. I wouldn't be concerned with that. I think if you were honest with yourself you would probably admit to admiring a female celebrity at some point.

However, him driving past that person's house and talking to his mom is a little on the stalkerish side of things. Just be aware if these type of actions continue or escalate.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca1 View Post
    Why do I think my boyfriend likes him? this celebrity has his own show and each week my boyfriend has to watch it, he says things like

"Oh Peter on tonight!"

He calls the celebrity by his first name all the time. Something I find very strange. My boyfriend also admitted to me in the past he drove by this celebrity house twice and has spoken to his mum. Does that sound normal too you?

I asked my boyfriend several times if he fancied him. I always got back an no and he says he idolise him and he thinks his a great family man and finds his show really funny.

I don't know I am just freaked out by it. I have this gut feeling and it will not go away...most people who like this man are female fans, not a grown straight man.

You have issues Rebecca