+ Follow This Topic

Thread: About to probably see my Ex what should I say?

About to probably see my Ex what should I say?

My ex gf broke up with me March 28th. Four weeks later she told me she slept with my now, EX-best friend. I know it's nice and legal but it still hurt a lot and I felt betrayed. I went no contact and went back to live 9 hours away for Summer school. I'm gonna come back at the end of the summer to see my family and because of our close nit group of friends I'm sure she'll see me and want to see me (she didn't want no contact she wanted to be friends HA).

My question is: What do I express to her when she contacts me in person when I go back home? What do I say to him? I'm civil, I don't want a fight or any trouble. I still love her to death and of course want her back in my lowest moments (at my highest I'm ready to move on) but I feel like a sap being her friend while she's continuing to romantically see my friend (even though they're not dating). She sees everything as legal but I see it as a kind of betrayal, especially after 3 years of a near perfect relationship. Am I right to feel betrayed? Am I justified to think they shouldn't expect me to want to be friends with them?

I've heard everything from "what a bitch" to "she's human". I need to hear the truth.

Thanks everyone.

the truth is i wouldent go out of my way to avoid er or anything just if u see her around just say hi and keep walking and fck ass that legal crap its principal but if ur in a group just act normal act like nothing happen it will b hard but it can b done gd luck

I think you're right to feel betrayed but with that said...she's allowed to, just as you are. I mean first of all if he was really your friend I'm pretty sure he'd at least talk to you before attempting to "date" or "hook up" with your recent ex. It's on the decent thing to do. So it's shitty on both their parts, but at the same time they are allowed to because they are both single. Would I still be friends with either of them if I were in your shoes...hell no. You don't need people in your life like that. If you see them again just be polite but you don't have to go out of your way to be nice to them. Just acknowledge them with a hi or wave or whatever then hang out with your real friends. Hope that kind of helps. Good luck..

Thanks everybody. Just found out the "best friend" who is un-officially dating her said I was acting like a child and whatnot. I havn't done anything to him other than talk to him personally about how it made me feel. He never says anything to my face always behind my back.

He will try to make you look worse to her to prevent any ground you might make.

Personally, even though you still have feelings (and I know how crappy that can be) you should try to avoid the contact.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your (ex) friend sucks and she has no class. Why would she tell you this except to try to hurt you?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I learned this from another close friend of mine, not from her. I havn't spoken to her in 5 weeks. I'm obviously done with both of them. I'm just learning to put aside the past when they were both so kind to me and see the face value of the present. I only wish I had leeway in this whole situation, I only wish I had some gunpowder, so to speak. I suppose the only thing I have is my self respect and my calmness. I strive to not hide my disliking but also be mature enough to know they are the immature ones. Does that sound good? I really appreciate all the comments I've received so far. Thanks everyone.

You need to find a hot girl to bring back home with you. Just make sure your are actually good friends with the new girl and be straight with her about the situation she would be walking into. That's what I did. It will both distract you and shield you from the drama.