+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Alright I was having a phone conversation with a girl the other day... It's a... complex relationship to say the least. There are some complications. We are in agreement that we aren't 'best friends.' I wouldn't really kno how to describe it at this point. There was mutual interest at different points since we've known each other, but... its complicated...

So basically, we had a long phone conversation. At the end, I, in jest, told her that I couldn't talk like this tomorrow because I had a first date to go on. She bought it, so I played it out, and she decided she was going to give me all these 'tips' about where I should go, etc.

So next day comes, she txt 'how'd it go' when I break the news that she is just gullible and there wasn't one. She says "I'm never giving you dating tips again" to which I reply "Whats funny is that you think I need tips... I know what I'm doing when going after someone..."

Then I get back "well yeah, you're doing a pretty good job."

That threw me off, so I asked what that meant. She replied that it meant just what it says...

I left it at that. But my question is pretty simple. Is that pretty much a green light for me, or is it me making something of nothing. I usually get good reads on people, but my personal feelings cloud my judgement occasionally.

I don't think that a guy can know if the light is green until he has asked her out and she says yes. And even then, only if she agrees that it's definitely a date.

So, if you're interested, the best way to find out - as intimidating as it is - is to just ask her out.

Don't play games with her. Good relationships (amore or friendship) do not start out complicated. They get complicated later. If they are complicated in the beginning they are aren't good or solid.

If you go on date with a woman, don't get "advice" from the weird girl. WTF...just be a man and go on a date and have some dignity.

My last gf (just ended, for a second time...and I think it will stick this time, thank goodness)...went out for three months, was initimate, etc. Never told a soul (except for the anonymous LF crowd) about any details.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why would you lie to her about going on another date? Grow up.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh