+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Effect of abstinence on testosterone levels in males

Effect of abstinence on testosterone levels in males

It used to bother me that I don't have much body hair etc, and I thought women didn't want me as a lover because I just didn't have much testosterone.
    During the years I found out that the body hair thing is more of a genetic issue and is not related to testosterone.
    I had my levels checked by a sports doctor and he said I was average. He also said that testosterone is related to head hair but not to body hair.

I don't have chest hair and armpit hair so I still don't know if that's genetics or not

I think I have more orgasms than the average man because I masturbate quite often, and I think it keeps my blood testosterone levels low. I'm not a doctor but that seems logical to me.

I've been reading about it and looked for articles describing the effects of abstinence on men's test levels.
    The men had no orgasm for 3 weeks and you can find the results here

[url=http://www.reuniting.info/node/2212]Effect of orgasm abstinence on testosterone in males | Reuniting[/url]

I like the idea but if I don't masturbate for 3 weeks I think my balls will explode during the night

It's been proven that abstinence rises the levels of testosterone in your blood. On a dutch forum I read that changes up to 50% have been reported, which is huge.

What would be the consequence of this?

More sexual drive? More aggression? More physical fitness?

I don't know what to think. Whether it's positive or not.
    I'm a sensitive nice guy but maybe that's because I jerk off too often.

So stopping it would be a good idea but on the other hand I heard that masturbating is good to prevent some cancers.

What's a normal frequency to have an orgasm? I have at least one per day
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 23-06-11 at 11:30 PM.

I wouldn't worry about that, if ejaculating frequently effects testosterone levels, it will be so marginal that i doubt it would effect your life.

I use anabolic steroids, for weight lifting. When using certain compounds, they have caused me to grow chest hair that i never previously had, and also more upper leg hair!

Just thought id throw that in

I used to work out too. And I plan to do so again.

It took 2 weeks before someone stepped up to me, offering clenbuterol tabs. It would make me lose body fat immediately and gain about 4kg of muscle in 6 weeks.
    It costed about $90 he said. So it's effective, not very damaging and not too expensive. I must say it was tempting but I refused.
    I know people that used it and they were trembling like crazy

I know the basics about anabolics and there's nothing healthy about any of them. The least unhealthy is to inject it because it can cause less damage to organs that way.
    Regardless, all anabolics have serious side effects (liver, kidneys, blood pressure, cancers..) and I don't think the benefits outweigh the side effects.

It still is tempting to me, I wonder what it's like. But since there's money involved in the serious dope schedules, I don't trust any of the guys in my gym

How much research have you done on AAS? You can either use them or abuse them.

Yes sides such as temporary increased BP, and cholestorel are possible sides, such as the androgen side effects. I'm perfectly healthy, and so are a number of people i know who use them. It's when you dont know what your doing when you can do some serious damage..

I'm on clenbuterol atm, cutting fat after my cycle Love shaking like an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Idiot View Post
    How much research have you done on AAS? You can either use them or abuse them.

Yes sides such as temporary increased BP, and cholestorel are possible sides, such as the androgen side effects. I'm perfectly healthy, and so are a number of people i know who use them. It's when you dont know what your doing when you can do some serious damage..

I'm on clenbuterol atm, cutting fat after my cycle Love shaking like an idiot!
    I read a lot about AS, can't call it research.

How can you know if you are perfectly healthy?
    You can have some parameters checked, like the status of you kidneys and your blood pressure and cholesterol. But cancer development etc, you never know imo

When I was working out die hard 6 months ago, I was on protein supplements and pre workout boosters.
    Turns out I misinterpreted the amount of protein I should have every day and I took 2x too much. After 4 weeks my creatinine value was 1.12 and I was advised to stop it.

Does clen have androgen sides? Not saying I'll ever do it but if I ever decide to start with AS, it will probably be clenbuterol.
    The rest is too expensive and I'd lose the gain after the cycle anyway. Not to mention the sides
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 24-06-11 at 12:30 AM.

I get my bloods done every so often....test levels, cholestorol, thyroid levels etc etc...Plus i feel great and i recover well off a cycle.

A lot of the shit you hear about AAS, is media related. Most is bullshit, the media will blow up one case of someone having cancer....who just happened to also take steroids. There's no proven evidence steroids can cause cancer....everything causes cancer these days according to scientists!

Clen is not an anabolic steroid. Its more a thermogenic/stimulant. It will not increase muscle mass whatsoever, it has been debated to be anti-catabolic though meaning it can help prevent muscle breakdown which is why it can be useful for when bodybuilders are losing fat.

I have yet to see ANY research that you can get 'too much' protein/creatine. I consume roughly 250g + protein daily.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I think I have more orgasms than the average man because I masturbate quite often, and I think it keeps my blood testosterone levels low. I'm not a doctor but that seems logical to me.

What's a normal frequency to have an orgasm? I have at least one per day
    Actually male testosterone levels rise after sexual stimuli. Just thought i would throw that in there.
    As for what is a normal frequency, there isnt any. For my boyfriend, we have sex at twice a day.. So it cant be that bad!
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

I get my bloods done every so often....test levels, cholestorol, thyroid levels etc etc...Plus i feel great and i recover well off a cycle.

A lot of the shit you hear about AAS, is media related. Most is bullshit, the media will blow up one case of someone having cancer....who just happened to also take steroids. There's no proven evidence steroids can cause cancer....everything causes cancer these days according to scientists!

Clen is not an anabolic steroid. Its more a thermogenic/stimulant. It will not increase muscle mass whatsoever, it has been debated to be anti-catabolic though meaning it can help prevent muscle breakdown which is why it can be useful for when bodybuilders are losing fat.

I have yet to see ANY research that you can get 'too much' protein/creatine. I consume roughly 250g + protein daily.
    You don't even need research to find out if you can have too much protein.
    I did protein sups every day and took too much. Didn't notice anything bad.
    Went to the doctor to get my creatinine levels checked, it represents kidney function which is affected by drinking and protein use.
    Normal creatine values do not exceed 1.1 and mine was 1.12 even though I drink a lot of water.
    You don't notice damage instantly but if you continue doing it for a long time you'll end up in trouble

A buddy of mine does clen, and probably other stuff as well. He said he lost a lot of fat and gained 4kg from clen.
    Whether clen is anabolic or not is still open for discussion. The dynamics behind it are not well known if I remember it correctly, but afaik muscle gain has been reported even though it doesn't affect testosterone levels
    Last edited by MynameisJesus; 27-06-11 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    Actually male testosterone levels rise after sexual stimuli. Just thought i would throw that in there.
    As for what is a normal frequency, there isnt any. For my boyfriend, we have sex at twice a day.. So it cant be that bad!
    Yes, but it takes some time after an orgasm before the levels rise again right?
    I think I jack off before my max level is even reached.

I've never played with the AAS stuff, but I ran a cycle on Clen once when I was heavy into powerlifting. It was wickedly effective, but just not for me, much more suited to the bodybuilding crowd. 250g of protein would have been a light day when I was training and yeah, I've never heard of 'too much' protein or creatine, your body just flushes it out if it has more than it can use.
    As for abstinence affecting Test levels, my powerlifting was all 2-3 years ago and I've been abstinent for 4. At peak, my forearms were about 16.5", my chest 55", neck 19.5" (yeah, try to find an off the rack dress shirt for that!) and I was routinely dead lifting 675lbs........all natural except that one short Clen cycle.

I heard MMA fighters abstain from sex before a big fight becuase it vies them a little extra "oomph"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugly idiot - Too much protein is very hard on your kidneys, and the weight you lose is mostly water (dehydration). Dehydration and kidney failure can lead to a whole bunch of problems with other organs in the body. Why do you think you don't see reputable doctors (with MDs) suggesting such nonsense? Unless you like the idea of dialysis 3 times a week when you have kidney failure, don't do stupid shit to your body. It WILL rebel.

Clenbuterol has been linked to myocardial infarctions and tachy-arrhythmias (as are other bronchodilators), not cancer.

Can't you guys just do it naturally?
    Last edited by vashti; 25-08-11 at 07:22 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?