+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating a girl much younger than me, casual, for fun

Dating a girl much younger than me, casual, for fun

I am going to dinner with a cute girl who is in her mid 20s. Any risk? Just having fun. My ex wife, (LOL) says that it is bad news.

She says that the girl thinks I am 32, and have money, and are healthy as an ox. all wrong she says. I love her optimism but she is very good about some things.

I should have said, going out to dinner with a girl, not dating a girl because it is just a date, we're not dating....
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Any risk? Just the usual. Don't forget to bring condoms, in case your non-date goes really well.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Just curious as to why is your ex-wife would even be commenting on who you date?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old ARE you?

Here are the risks (as I see them). You will have to decide for yourself how much weight you want to give them.

1) You risk falling for her, and having her outgrow you emotionally in a couple of years when she is done growing up.
    2) You risk having women of all ages think you are creepy because you hit on girls too young for you, and some men would agree (especially fathers of daughters).
    3) High drama, low sex drive.
    Last edited by vashti; 24-06-11 at 12:19 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    How old ARE you?

Here are the risks (as I see them). You will have to decide for yourself how much weight you want to give them.

1) You risk falling for her, and having her outgrow you emotionally in a couple of years when she is done growing up.
    2) You risk having women of all ages think you are creepy because you hit on girls too young for you, and some men would agree (especially fathers of daughters).

3) High drama, low sex drive.
    I am 40. The date went fine. We had a fun chat over dinner and hit up the 4 seasons roof top bar. The bar scene is really not my thing so I left after 1 drink. She knew a bit of people. She asked what I was doing today because she would be laying out by the pool in case I want to come over. I'm working today and catching a flight back home later.

You make some good points on the risks.

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Just curious as to why is your ex-wife would even be commenting on who you date?
    Yeah I find that strange too. I wouldn't listen to an ex for any advise on future partners etc.

She is in her mid twenties so she knows what she is doing!

Your 40, shes in her mid 20's? Get her bent over mate!

Thats my advice.

The fact that you went into the date understanding that it was just a casual date is a good thing. As long as the girl knows that too, everything should be fine.

As for your ex, she is most likely just jealous.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly_Idiot View Post
    Your 40, shes in her mid 20's? Get her bent over mate!

Thats my advice.
    This!

Smash her back doors in, but don't fall for her. Watch the ex get jealous
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    This!

Smash her back doors in, but don't fall for her. Watch the ex get jealous
    HA HA. I will have to wait for this one. During our dinner date, maybe it was the cocktails talking but she is interested in flying to LA and we talked about doing a salsa cruise (yes salsa Cruise) as well. We'll see if there is communication between us in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    Yeah I find that strange too. I wouldn't listen to an ex for any advise on future partners etc.

She is in her mid twenties so she knows what she is doing!
    The ex wife is a good friend, but while I go to her for things relating to live and learn situations, I DON"T ask her for advice on future partners, she gives it of courses, but I don't listen. LOL. Only I determine who I choose to date.
    Last edited by survivor08; 25-06-11 at 06:51 AM.