+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel empty and depressed :(

Feel empty and depressed :(

Hey all!
    I'm just having one of those nights, and this is the only place I can vent without being judged. I've been broken up for a year now, and I don't really care about my ex, but I feel empty randomly every now and then. I feel like I have to keep distracting myself all the time to pretend to be happy...when I'm actually not. I've done everything people on here recommend..focussed on myself, my career, friends, family and health...and yet, something feels really missing. I have trouble understanding how a girl like me can get so lonely. I'm pretty, smart, sweet, funny....but feel like I have so few people in my life that it feels lonely. The weekends are the worst!! A lot of my friends are in relationships (I'm 25), and no one wants to hang out or do anything fun. I feel so left out. My birthday is coming up soon, and I realized I'll be turning 26, and haven't had one birthday yet where I've had a bf that has made me feel special on my special day. My last bf broke up with me a few days before my bday. Anyway, it doesn't make sense for someone like me to feel so lonely. I'm socially normal, fun, cute....I should not be this depressed!! But I live by myself, and sometimes it gets soooooooo lonely and boring. Anyone else feel this way?? I don't know what to do!!! I want to genuinely be happy like I was when I was dating?? What is wrong with me?? Please help! Thank you very much for listening.

-Hope

Hi fellow Canadian, where are you from? I'm turning 27 this year and will likely be having my second birthday in a row without a gf there to do something nice for me.

Sometimes I have nights like you do, After a 3 year relationship, I was single for almost 16 months up until January (and sadly am single again), and I found that I needed a NEW hobby to get me going - so I took up running. Good for me, good for my mind/esteem, and I met some great new people when I registered at a runner clinic (my brother met his fiancee at the same clinic). Other nights I had to suck it up and start watching some TV box sets, I recommend Dexter, Breaking Bad, Entourage to start.

Sometimes you're just lonely, it really does suk being single when you're in that kind of mood, but there isn't much you can do other than keep busy.

Thanks for the reply! It feels better to knoow what I'm feeling is normal. It just sucks. My ex has a new gf he's completely in love with, and he'll never know what it feels like to be as lonely as I am. I have taken up hobbies...I go to the gym, play volleyball, squash, go trail riding on my bike...but as soon as its done, even if its really late at night, I get lonely. It sucks..even my ex bf left me after one year because I think he felt no sparks. So maybe I'm not everything I think I am. I don't understand why more guys don't fall hard for me. I see guys really fall for some girls, but its never me. I would like me if I were a boy! Lol. Now I'm just ranting about my horrible "boy luck". Ps: I've watched dexter and entourage and don't particularly like them...they're more for guys I feel like..haaha...I'll try watching breaking bad though? Thanks again for listening and replying.
    Last edited by hope555; 24-06-11 at 09:22 PM.

Last edited by LaMb ChOp; 24-09-11 at 01:22 AM.