+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quit the team?

Quit the team?

Heh, I figure I'd ask a bit of a lighter question. I've been away from my ex for 2 weeks now, things are moving along, it was a short enough relationship that I don't have too many memories that burn me. Sometimes I still get annoyed at how little she cared about our relationship compared to ones she has had in the past.

We signed on for a softball tournament in mid-July as a couple, the team is loaded, 18 players, and doesn't REALLY need me. I'm NC with my ex in order to move on, and seeing her there might very well set me back, especially if she is with someone there. I'll have to forfeit my entry fee, but thats not a big deal.

In order to continue healing, should I make up an excuse not to play and pull out of the tourney? What would you do?

tremolo Guest
    I would probably drop out if you think it will set you back. I know it would set me back to see my ex again... especially if he appeared to have no feelings for me.

Dude! Play! Dont let someone stop you! Where in Canada are you?

What makes you so sure she's going to show up? She may have signed up because it was your interest and she was supporting you in what you wanted to do for fun.

You just downed played of what this relationship meant to you, so why should it be a problem if you played on the team. So your relationship didn't work out, oh well most don't anyways because that's just the way life is. Why not be the bigger person a stay on and show her that the break up isn't going to interfere with your life or your desire to play baseball. If you drop out, you will look like a sore loser to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddstar View Post
    Dude! Play! Dont let someone stop you! Where in Canada are you?
    Langley, just outside Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by OmnicronPercei8 View Post
    What makes you so sure she's going to show up? She may have signed up because it was your interest and she was supporting you in what you wanted to do for fun.
    She will show up, the team has limited girls and when we signed up they made specific instruction that female players who sign up need to show up, most teams need a minimum amount of girls, and we're at the minimum. Practices start next week, so I'll see her there too.

Plus, I'm bitter at the way she broke up with me, so I simply don't want to see her, let alone the possibility of her showing up with someone else.
    Last edited by Cerby; 25-06-11 at 03:54 AM.

Entirely up to you, if it's going to be difficult for you (which by the sound of it, it will be) then sack it off and don't look back. You don't have to give a reason, it's no one elses business.
    "Never make someone your priority, when to them you are only an option"

I would go.. but Im also a moron.

Why let her control you? if you want to go.. just go.. if you dont want to go dont... like stevie said you dont need an explanation.

[QUOTE=Cerby;723935]Langley, just outside Vancouver

QUOTE]

LOL I'm from Surrey :p You live in Walnut Grove?

I wouldn't go. At this point, its not about "why should I give her the satisfaction of knowing the breakup really hurt me and that's why I quit". Its about whatever it takes to make yourself feel better. You can be all logical and say, breakups happen..whatever...but to be reminded of it everytime, it sucks for me.

[QUOTE=smackie9;723948]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post

QUOTE]

LOL I'm from Surrey :p You live in Walnut Grove?
    I grew up in the mean streets of Grove, but I have a condo in Willowbrook now.

It's all a matter of if you want to go for yourself, regardless of the possibility of her being there or not. If you want to play because you truly were excited about playing the game, then do it. If it was just a "whatever" kind of thing that you intended to do together, then scratch it. It doesn't mean you're letting her control your life, you're just finding something better to do.

Quote Originally Posted by flynhayn View Post
    It's all a matter of if you want to go for yourself, regardless of the possibility of her being there or not. If you want to play because you truly were excited about playing the game, then do it. If it was just a "whatever" kind of thing that you intended to do together, then scratch it. It doesn't mean you're letting her control your life, you're just finding something better to do.
    It was all me wanting to play, she wasn't really interested in playing and actually put aside another commitments to join the tournament so we could be together for that weekend. But it was also an "us" thing, I wouldn't have joined alone.

I have 3 weeks to think about it, so maybe I'll recover enough to just not give a crap, but if I start having problems with it at practice, I'll just withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Plus, I'm bitter at the way she broke up with me, so I simply don't want to see her, let alone the possibility of her showing up with someone else.
    HOW did she break up with you? Did you have a role in it?
    "Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." Nietzsche

There are two dilemmas... that rattle the human skull. How do you hold onto someone who won't stay? And how do you get rid of someone who won't go?

Quote Originally Posted by survivor08 View Post
    HOW did she break up with you? Did you have a role in it?
    Things were going seemingly fine, we spent some good time together during the week prior, then she came over on a Friday night acting like something was wrong, barely acknowldged me and then left. We had weekend plans and she blew them off, she didn't pick up her phone for almost 3 days, ignored my texts, and called me 3 days later and told me that the relationship was moving too fast and I wanted too much too soon (we were 4 months in, and I hadn't really asked for anything commitment wise, just a bit more time together, so it was puzzling to me). She blamed me for a bunch of stuff I did to scare her away and ended the conversation. All this instead of just talking to me throughout the relationship.

It could be another guy, it could be residual damage from her abusive ex, but after 2 weeks of sorting, I feel I had no role in it. Things were doing good from my standpoint.

Needless to say I was upset at first, but now I'm more bitter and angry. I still miss her though, so its a mixed bag of emotions.
    Last edited by Cerby; 25-06-11 at 08:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast