...or if nothing else, a way to get this off my chest. And I apologize for the length of this - for those willing to read.

The story goes: I have a co-worker with whom I've recently become quite fond of. To be honest, before the last 3-4 weeks, I wouldn't even consider her on my "radar" per say. I've always liked her as a person, but she wasn't necessarily my "type" and there is almost an 11 year difference between us (her 20, me 31). The thing is, we've always teased each other a bit from the get go (her more than me initially) and I've always acted a bit aloof during the whole process. At this point, my relationship with her was kind of, "take her or leave her" and I'm sure she felt the same way. Not really much romantic consideration there. This was all before she took a work leave for college.

Now fast forward to Spring break, in which she came back to work for a week, to earn some extra cash. Things go pretty well, we start sharing a little more about each other, and I start to grow a little more fond of her. This time I decide to make the best of a bad situation (the bad situation being work) and have a little fun by being the aggressor in the teasing process. For some reason she seemed real receptive to this, teasing me back with equal enthusiasm. To be honest, some of the teasing between us was quite mean, but everything was in good fun with a smile...or at least a smile after the initial seriousness. So her week back ended on a fun and overall good note.

Fast forward one more time to Summer break, where she came back for a few months until school starts up again. Things begin where they left off. The teasing is playful and ruthless at the same time, but as always fun. Anyway, to condense a little bit, something about her found its way into my head and I started enjoying her company more and more to the point that I started to have a romantic interest in her. Things kept building and building and the girl grew on me more than anyone ever has.

Now the problem is, I'm one of those people that tend to over-think things - in turn making situations more complicated than they are. Now you tell me if these are obvious green lights or if I'm just crazy.

- I was playfully staring at her and she said "your eyes are really blue. I never really noticed it before. They're really pretty".
- Came into work to get my paycheck. Stopped by to say hi to everyone and after first teasing me, she said "I like your shirt". I was wearing a gray, tight-fitting v- neck t-shirt.
- Randomly looks at me giving me a playful, mean look. This happens throughout the day.
- I've seen her glance at me out the corner of my eye on more than a few occasions.
- Talked to a fairly attractive female customer whom I know quite well and it seemed like she kept looking in my acquaintance's direction (3-4 times).
- I smiled at another fairly attractive co-worker as she walked by(who works in a different dept.). She looked up very discretely at the co-worker and then immediately looked in my direction with a playful, mean look. I pretended to not see her for a second and acted surprised when our eyes met.
- Jokingly tells me I should buy her chocolate. Well...one day, on my own terms, I did just that and brought her some Dove chocolate to work (only a few small pieces). She said I was awesome and gave me a big hug.
- Asked me how old I was, out of the blue, as we were eating lunch together. I must have told her before because she said "You're how old, 30?" and I replied "31" (a very youthful looking 31 at that).
- Asked me where I live. Again, out of the blue. I made a cocky comment about her stalking me now that she knows where I live which she smiled at.
- We left work at the same time one day and she went out of her way to walk over and check out my new car.

Now where the confusion comes in. Today she comes into work with what appeared to be a hickey on her neck. I suppose it could have been a mosquito bite gone awry, but what appears to be a hickey is usually a hickey. And maybe I care too much, but it drove me nuts to the point that I became pretty quiet around her and the rest of my co-workers. A real bad mood that she noticed right away. She mentioned my mood on three occasions the last time I ask her why she cares and she said that she doesn't like it when I'm in a bad mood. Actually it was more to the effect of "I don't like it when you're in a bad mood...well, I don't like it when anyone is in a bad mood". That's not the first time she's made that comment either when I was in a bad mood over more work related issues. I did in turn, warm up to her a little more later on, even joking with her, as to not end the day on a bad note.

So in essence, I'm not sure where I stand with her. Seems like there are signs of interest, but the hickey thing left me feeling like she's just playing me. Again, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions on that, but maybe not.

The problem is, that I have a hard time becoming emotionally attached to most women, so it's a difficult time when I do start to feel that way. More so considering that I never intended to feel this way in the first place.

Advice, comments...anything welcome. Although I do understand that pitfalls of dating a co-worker, so no need to mention that.