+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Internet Dating

Internet Dating

I'm curious:

Have any of you guys ever dated someone who you met from the internet?
    If so, would you consider the relationship similiar to that of "You've Got Mail" or "A Nightmare from Hell?"
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

1. Yes.

2. Both.

Meeting people via the internet is pretty much just like meeting someone anywhere else, except that before they meet you, they can pretend to be anyone/thing they want to be, or they can express themselves in a light they may not do in "real life".

Just like regular dating, give things time and it can work out. I have dated several women via internet means and some turned out very bad, while some went quite well. Either way, treat it just like a normal relationship, but be cautious when meeting someone for the first time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I wasn’t sure if you meant “you guys” as in ‘you people’ or just the males so I’ll add my two cents anyway. My answers would also be 1. Yes, 2. Both.

I’ve been using the internet to meet new people for nearly a decade…yes, I’m old. Over 30 even!!!!!! Some of the men were great. I haven’t met a marriable match for me but I’ve met many good men. I had a few relationships last over a year.

Unfortunately, you have to be leery of married men posing as singles.

Oh, I also had coffee with a guy who turned out to be a serial killer. [True Story] Always let someone know where and with who you are meeting and let your date know you’ve done this. Plus, make sure you see them leave the parking lot before you do.

Cybog and CBinKC: I agree with you both. Thanks for the input. I'm not looking to meet anyone from the internet (even though I too have done so in the past), I was just curious as to how big internet dating is nowdays.
    CB: :smiles: I'm 35 therefore, I have my share of gray hairs too. "lol" >passing blonde hair dye< I wish you continued happiness.
    I am Angie between the eyes! :::head tilt:::™

in a house in the uk,newcastle(north east) to be exact
    well ia ctually met my boyfriend over the internet although hes lives down the country,weve been together 4 months now and last week he was offered a job in the same company in my area.He will be getting his flat closer to me and hopefully our love will last.The internet is a great place to meet new people ,but as you say dont expect the person to be exactly who they claim to be.Nobodys whole personality comes across on the internet.
    SARAH
    Everything happens for a reason ,it's just up to us to find the reason

I was just curious as to how big internet dating is nowdays.
    Ten years ago was about as long ago as it was for me as well when I met my first lady via ICQ and Yahoo personels. There werent fancy dating sites like there are now. It's big business and totally normal nowadays.

I agree, it is totally normal now. I've met a few people from online, dated 2 and I prefer dating people I meet online because I think after spending so much time talking via IM, assuming youre honest, you get to know each other pretty well. It's easier to start off especially if youre a bit shy or lack confidence.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

kirsty... Amen to that, (For me atleast) its a lot easier to talk to people and tell them your "true-deep-down" feelings, because i think that you can "hide" from being looked at face to face... Kinda cowardace i know but.. it does help alot..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I need to fix my boot...

Quote Originally Posted by neo511
    kirsty... Amen to that, (For me atleast) its a lot easier to talk to people and tell them your "true-deep-down" feelings, because i think that you can "hide" from being looked at face to face... Kinda cowardace i know but.. it does help alot..
    I dont necessarily think its cowardice, its only natural for people to react like that, everyone is the same, and the internet provides a sort of shield to hide behind.
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -